Saturday, October 23, 2004

knocking on heavens door

round two of acupuncture was today. and this time there was no sammy to interpret what was happening. when i got there the receptionist took me back to the same room i was in before. i took off my jacket, socks, and rolled up my pants and laid on the table. the nurse came in with some kind of machine. she put one part on my lower stomach under my pants and the other on my leg. it was sort of like being attached to a blood pressure machine. when she turned it on it felt like tiny little pricks going into both my stomach and my legs. she told me i had to lay there for 10 minutes. during the the time there were several different variations of pressure applied. it was so strange because i could feel it digging into my lower abs as well as my leg. there was one setting where the pressure went around my leg and when it got to the sore part i could feel it really dig in. it was kind of hard to relax but i did my best. after that was done the doctor came in and inserted the needles. he attached the jumper cables again but this time instead of my leg constanstly shaking it felt like tiny little pins going into my leg the whole time. once again the heat lamp was applied. afterwards he put more tape on my leg. i have one more session on tuesday.

when i done i walked around ansan for a bit before returning home. i spent most of the day doing nothing. well actually i wrote down all the numbers that were in my cell phone from the states in my address book. i wanted to make sure i got them copied before the battery wore out since i didn't bring my charger. now i have everyone's number written down. i also worked on our halloween party flyer. good times. i still don't know what i'm dressing as but i might go as luke skywalker.

around 8 pm horace and i went to manhatten western bar for some drinks. how sad is it that i can now get buzzed off of three beers. it was pretty dead at the bar. the highlight of the evening was the bartender singing "knocking on heaven's door". he actually sounded pretty good. we spent the rest of the evening taking pictures of ourselves.

today is a short entry. i'm tired and need some sleep. until next time…

No comments: