Monday, October 11, 2004

cheese nips and kit kats

i'm beginning to feel like carrie bradshaw from sex in the city as i sit at my laptop every night and write. where as she's writing about sex mine is simply my life as i know it. hey what itsn't that a new show on abc? my day started off earlier with a phone conversation with my sister. i love talking with her. it always makes me feel like i'm close to home. after our 30 min + chat session i had to catch a train to ideongang to meet christine to go to the halloween shop. while on a train a korean woman started talking to me. i could barely understand what she was saying but it was still good to talk to a stranger. i met christine and we waited for jane to pick us up. when she did little kelly was in the car too. for some reason i thought this store was going to be near the subway station. i was wrong. it was a half hour drive. when we did get there we entered this building that had a halloween sign. we climbed down the stairs to the basement. there were boxes all along the stairs marked "halloween". we entered the basement store and it was like entering the black market halloween store. there were all these halloween elves, not really but thats what they looked like, filling orders. it was your typical kind of stuff. we grabb ed a bunch of stuff and after about 20 minutes were ready to leave.

meanwhile once back at school it was time for lunch. my morning just flew by. there were also 2 packages waiting for me. one from my mom and the other 20 lb + package from my sister. my mom's contained a bunch of halloween stuff and candy for the kids. surprisingly the candy corn made it and didn't all melt into on large clump. my sister's package was like opening a pirates treasure chest. however, instead of gold coins it was filled with tastey treats from america. i never thought i'd be so happy to see kit kats, farina, mac and cheese, lipton noodles, pancake mix, etc. the best part was the comic books and popular box set. YEAH!!! i can't wait to start watching it. now i know what i'm doing on saturday.

after lunch we started decorating our rooms. one of favorite things was this vinyl witch who looks like she flew into the wall. that was from my mom. i immediately hung it up in my room. i actually feel kind of guilty because i didn't share any of my decorations from mom. oh well. we had a bunch of other stuff from the store for the rest to hang. i did let horace have the hanging bat. as for the bendy skeleton i'm taking him home. he's too good to keep at school. i'm quite happy with how my room looks. i'll take a picture and send it. i also opened a bag of candy corn to place at the front desk. later i'd realize that was a mistake. pure sugar was exactly what these kids don't need. they all woofed it down like vultures.

it was great watching all the kids come in and see the decorations and get excited. they ran from room to room screaming. now we get to have three more weeks of this. they all wanted to have a party today. all my classes went fine. i quized the children on the various decorations to see if they knew what they were. most of them knew spiders and spiderweb. the rest i had to explain. to be young again. now all i have to do is think of a costume.

tonight was tae kwon do and sadly no uniform. we will get them on wednesday. i can't wait. today we did some kind of leap frog exercise where we had to jump over people. needless to say i averaged about a 40% on my jumps. all i kept thinking was that i was going to land right on the persons back. we had to do three in a row. by the time i reached horace i usually passed seeing that he's so tall. we also practiced more kicking and did some more sparring. master shin keeps trying to get horace and i to yell when we kick or punch but i'm not quite there yet. soon i keep telling him. over the class was great although from our last stretching exercise i'm so shore. at one point my partner basically had my face pressed down to the matt. i didn't realize i was so flexible.

i almost forgot to mention. tonight i ate some cheese nips that my sis sent. let me just say they've never tasted better. i also woofed down a kit kat. thank you for those zoe. so good. all right i need to get to bed. until next time. stay tuned to ketv…goodnight.

No comments: