Wednesday, October 13, 2004

cream corn glue

today i had to forgo my tae kwon do class. my knee was still bothering me so i fugured it was best to give it another day of rest. its funny because i was actually looking forward to going. hopefully by friday it'll be better. on the bright side i got another package today. this one was from misty. it's like christmas in october. misty sent me a bunch of halloween stuff. there were decorations for the door, which are now hanging on the front door of our school, more banners, a pumpkin scarecrow, a witch and a skeleton. our school looks so festive now. yeah. she also sent some toys and stickers for the kids and candy. i kept the good candy [butterfingers, crunch bars, baby ruths, and reese cups] for myself. in my package of fun was also some pictures of aikea. actually there were 3. one of them is hanging in my class and the other two are going on my apartment wall. she also made me a cd. that god. i needed some new music. and the best of all was a bottle of my favorite chinese hot sauce. i love that i'm being sent me chinese hot sauce from san francisco to korea. i put on my mac and cheese. i forgot how good that stuff is. thanks misty. today i had to tell my kids no candy in class. they were all chomping on it during class and not paying attention. the kids of ansan are going to be hopped up on candy corn before i leave. now that a scary thought. misty also sent some cat peeps. i passed them out to my co-workers. not sure what they thought but they ate it. they'll eat anything here.

most of the day was pretty uneventful. i have to have jk speak to one of my students who keeps huffing and puffing everytime i give them work to do. not sure what she's expecting to do in class. after a week of listening to this i finally had enough. hopefully her attitude will change. i tried to make some cream corn soup that i got at the store. i think i did something wrong because it was thick as glue even with 5 cups of water in it. needless to say it didn't taste so good so i threw it all away. i guess its instant rice for now on. at least i tried. while icing my knee i was some korean sitcom called guys and girls. it had subtitles. its about these college students and its so bad but that didn't stop me from watching. you know how i love my bad tv.

its getting colder here. i can feel winter approaching. time for me to get a blanket. at least then i'll have something that completely covers my body. i put on the pajama top that they gave me when i moved in. the sleeves only come down 3/4 of the way. haven't tried the bottoms yet but i'm sure when i do i'll be sporting floods. thats about it for tonight. until tomorrow…

No comments: