Wednesday, September 08, 2004

what's in a name

my day started off with me sleeping until 9am. oops. i had half an hour to get ready for school. of course 15 mins. of that was spent writing e-mails. i've got my priorities you know. jk got a kick out of my giant sunglasses. i'm pretty sure they don't know what to think. i'll just keep them guessing. spent the morning preparing for the kindergartners, which starts at 11am. mary doesn't like her name so she's now kelly. we spend more time changing names than actually teaching. now that we have a kelly i'm one-third there to having my own set of angels. so the next new girls are going to be jill and sabrina. once we finish with all the angels we'll move on to some other tv show. this is going to fun. we'll give them all crazy american names. in class we said our abc's again, read stories, colored, and said the names of colors. it's the longest 40 mins. of my life.

after classs i work on my lesson plans for friday and next week. i figured if i could get them done early i could spend that time studying korean. for lunch i had kimchee soup. tastey and spicey. our kimchee side dishes consisted of pears, string beans, cabbage, pickles, and tiny sausages that tasted like vienna sausages.

during my green a class i couldn't get the air conditioner to work so sally and i were sweating the entire time. it was kind of hard to concentrate since there was sweat dripping down my back but somehow we managed. jane bought me some kiddie drinks like the panada juice i had before. how sweet is that. i'm sure they think i'm a giant child which i am. now that my lesson plans are done i'm going to work on decorating my room. jk gave horace and i some fiber drink. its suppose to be good for you. it tasted like soda. jean today was totally into everything we were doing as usual. i hide in my classroom most of the day. i had a korean moonpie for a snack. a tad dry but that didn't stop me from eating it. for those of you interested here's what my week at school looks like:

10 - 11 planning
11 - 11:40 kindergarten [everyday]
11:40 - 1:00 planning or whatever
1:00 - 1:30 lunch
1:30 - 3:25 planning
3:25 - 4:05 green a class with sally [everyday]
4:10 - 4:55 orange b with the preteens [mon, wed, fri]
4:55 - 7:05 planning

so thats my week. sounds fun huh.

tonight i attempted to do laundry. yes noticed i said attempted. it went for 3 hours and my clothes are still not dry. i couldn't figure out how to use only the dryer and now i'm washing them again. this is going to be fun. everyday there's new magnets on my front door. i can't read any of them but i'm keeping them anyway. the one today has some guy eating fried chicken or maybe it was squid. you really knows. tried to upload photos but it didn't work. off to bed.

No comments: