Thursday, November 03, 2005

i'm fat...

deery-lou.
at least thats what my kwanjangnim told me. it took me awhile to figure out what he was trying to tell me. he kept grabbing his side saying "a little fat", "pig". thats when the light bulb went off and i realized he was calling me fat. according to him the fat is not allowing me to kick high enough. personally i believe i just can't kick that high due to flexibility. whatever. anyway he told me i must diet and do special training. so now everyday before class i have special exercises to do. these exercises consist of placing my foot on a ledge and then doing side crunches standing up. normally if someone called me fat i'd take it all personally, but to be honest i could really care less. i thought it was actually quite comical. especially when the sabumnim called out "esan fat" and make a big tummy gesture with his hand. all the kids started to comment as well although i have no clue as to what they were saying. this all came about because i had my test with the kwanjangnim tuesday night. i thought i did quite well on the poomsaes. there were some little things he told me i needed to work on but at least i remembered how to do them. that made me happy. he wasn't too happy with my kicking. hence the special exercises. its all about getting the hips up. up! up! up! of course we had the same conversation about getting my black belt. i can't go until he gives me the ok. i realized that i'm going to have to be nearly perfect. the sabumnim gave me homework to do: practice all my stances. i need to make sure i keep the same distance between my feet for my stances. so its work, work, work for me. perhaps i'll actually be a lean, mean fighting machine when its all done with. one can only hope. on a happy note, my taekwondo photo has been uploaded. [big smile].

the infamous taekwondo studio shot:



be well…

5 comments:

dac said...

DUDE!! you look HOT!!!!

p.s. we're ALL fat. i'm inspired

Kate said...

oh. my. god. MUST have a copy of this photo. and i hope once you get your hips up! up! high enough, you can kick your kwanjangnim in the face. fat my ass.

Pevil said...

Once again you exercised some serious cultural sensativity. Take him a picture of Kirste Alley, then he will understand FAT. LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture. You are such a bad ass!

Unknown said...

DAMN! That's the best picture ever!!! I want one too!

Misty L said...

KICK ASS!!! Ok, I am SO expecting a copy of this picture in my mailbox...and by mailbox, I mean my real one. Keep on kickin'!