Wednesday, November 16, 2005

guide to life

deery-lou.
well its wednesday which means quiz of the week…NOT!! as doppelganger willow would say, "bored now!" but don't fear. i've come up with a new weekly special which is much more a representation of who i am and to an extent how my mind works. for years now i've had this strange quirk, or actually a pseudo joke that a few of you know about already. it's my kidnapping theory and how one should always be prepared incase such an event happens. thats why i'm always conscious about what i'm wearing. it doesn't matter where i'm going or what i'm doing. i don't want to be last seen wearing a raggy t-shirt, sweats, and a baseball cap. besides if thats the description that was given none of my friends would recognize me. people joke about my giant shoes i wear but little to they knew that in a pinch they can be used as a weapon. i also make sure my bag is equipped with all the essentials. again, one never knows what is going to happen. just look at those people on lost. hi, plane crash now living on an island with crazy people. my philosophy is be prepared for anything. luckily for me, a few years ago two books hit the market that have become my so-called "survival bible" as well as my "guide to life". they are "the hardy boys' guide to life" and "nancy drew's guide to life". i've had the hardy boys' one for awhile now, but the nancy drew one was recently sent to me by d. needless to say they go with me everywhere. they are packed full of insightful tips especially for that budding sleuth in all of us. which brings me to my new feature. on wednesdays i'll be giving some tips from the aforementioned books. each week there will be one tip from thbgtl and one from ndgtl. and now for this week's tips:

moxxie and a good sense of balance are essential when crawling on a roof.
the hidden staircase, nancy drew

thinking with a pencil often helps to clarify a case.
— the mystery of the chinese junk, the hardy boys

until next time. be well…

2 comments:

Pevil said...

I love your kidnapping theory. It's right up there with Huegel's aliens!

dac said...

I remember Moxxie from that horrible play we saw at the rhino.