Monday, November 14, 2005

freetalking…

deery-lou.
i got word today that they are giving me another class to teach on tuesdays and thursdays. its a freetalking class—basically it means conversation. normally the idea of teaching nothing but conversation would excite me, especailly since there are no guidelines its just talking. unfortunately its going to be with uber shy students. these are kids that i have a hard time getting to speak during normal class. now i'm going to have a special talking classes with them. yikes. of course this class would come about during the week i have a sore throat. oh well. then i was told that our classes are getting rearranged next month. its like "whatever". it seems like we are constanstly rearranging class times to appease the students. in taekwondo do tonight one of my buddies told me that my hairstyle was very good. he even gave me the thumbs up. i love these kids.

on saturday i went with horace to see the drawing restraint #9 film since we didn't see it the last time. i must say that i went in there we expectations of it being a very long drawn out art film. i left being pleasantly surprised by it. i actually enjoyed it. the worst part about the whole film was the chairs we were sitting in. not very comfortable for a two hour movie. then there was a scene where mathew barney was wearing denium on denium [at least it looked like a denium shirt] and i couldn't get past it. i don't care who you are d on d is a definite not cool. after the movie we got some tacos at this dingy looking place in itaewon. it kind of reminded me of the taco joints that surround college. you know the ones that the punk rock kids always hung out at cuz it was cheap eats. although this one had military peeps. anyway i had a burrito and it actually wasn't that bad. definitely nothing like a ground beef burrito from the place on valencia and 18th but it was better than nothing. we also hit namdaemun market and insadong for some shopping. other shopping day out for me and i didn't buy anything for myself. what's happening to me. oh yeah i'm saving up for my goth doll. the most productive thing i did on sunday was add album cover art to my ipod. how sad!!!

here are some random videos of korean drum music taken at different festivals.

watch me! drum band
watch me! children drum band
watch me! lantern festival

be well…

2 comments:

Pevil said...

You rock Ethan!

dac said...

is Dazed and Confused really your favorite movie?