Monday, January 03, 2005

home sweet temporary home

i've made it back to korea safe and sound all expect for a bag of goodies that i stupidly left on a bus and are now somewhere in ansan. that's what i call throwing money away. but in the grand scheme of things it could be a lot worse. i am so very thankful to be here. thanks again to all of you who showered me with emails. its so great to know i have such wonderful people in my life. my vacation on koh chang was everything i hoped it would be. i'll write in more details later. at this point and time and it just doesn't feel right especially when so many people have lost loves ones. the whole tsunami/earthquake tragedy is just now starting to sink in espeically since i've been reading so much about it. my heart goes out to everyone affected by this great tragedy. for those of you who would like to help out here's a link to make a donation RED CROSS EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND any contribution would be a great help.

in light of what happened it makes it harder these days to be away from everyone i care about. this morning i woke up and wanted to be back home. a year is starting to feel like a really long time. although i know in a few days things will go back to normal. it was just very hard to get back into the swing of things. i spoke with my parents and my sister last night and listening to them each tell me what they went through brought tears to my eyes. its amazing what family and friends do in times like these. my dad had call everyone from my boss, the us embassy in bangkok, to the state governors offices. he told me he was going to board a plane for bangkok on thursday if he hadn't heard from me. my sister using her nancy drew skills was able to contact one of my dearest and closest friends misty and even though the two never met and never spoke they were able to find some comfort in speaking to one another. i'm really thankful that misty was there for her. i could probably continue to go on and on but even now thinking about it all brings a lump in my throat. am i getting completely sentimental or what in my old age. anyway thanks again for keeping me in your thoughts for those two days i was m.i.a.

school was complete chaos today. we started intensives this mornings. the power kept going out. after wearing nothing but a swimsuit for a week i found myself wearing a jacket all day. i got one new class. my class of five has now jumped to seven. i wasn't quite ready for korean food quite yet. spent most of my time on the phone with the airport trying to track down my bus. it was grey and rainy. went to the bus terminal only to find no bags and no answers. someone brought a chocolate cake that sat in the office teasing us yet no one opened it. and all i really wanted to do was sleep. which is what i'm going to do now. night all!

1 comment:

Pevil said...

Glad you are back to your home sweet temporary home! Sounds like your vacation was fab. Hugs and kisses to you!