Tuesday, January 04, 2005

dazed and confused

the school days seem to be flying by since i've been back from vacation. i spent this evening wandering aimlessly around carrefour. the idea of trying to throw myself back into the life i left before vacation is hard. there's a small part of me that probably thought the 3 months prior had been some sort of vacation and now i'm realizing that i'm here for at least 9 more months. nothing appeals to me in the grocery store. the screaming vendors are getting on my nerves. the thought of eating any more kimchi is making me ill. up and down the aisles i go. trying to find something for lunch, something for dinner. its so easy to get into the habit of eating out every night. i don't think i had one bad meal on while in thailand. so many different choices to choose from. all so very good. the same can be said for korea although like i said earlier i just ain't feelin' it right now. after throwing several things into my cart: eggs, milk, butter, pasta, vitamin drink [these things rock], juice, peas, corn [corn! i don't remember eating corn], various meats i decided it was time to get out of here. still avoiding any actual work i might have to do at home like cook dinner i opted to stop at mcdonalds. i'm loving the big mac these days. i'm going to start working on my vacation blog and photos. hopefully they'll be posted by this weekend. cherrio.

2 comments:

Pevil said...

When I returned to the Gambia after spending a month in Europe I couldn't eat african food for a while. Hang in there, it will get better! The rollercoaster of being a stranger in a strange land continues...

Anonymous said...

When I moved to Oakland after spending six years in San Francisco I couldn't eat any food for a while. Hang in there, it will get better! The rollercoaster of being a stranger in a strange land continues...

d-iet