Tuesday, June 13, 2006

korea 2, togo 1

deery-lou.
well my evening didn't really turn out like i thought it would. instead of sitting in a bar drinking beer, eating chicken, and smoking cigs i was home eating sweet potato noodles wrapped in sausage casings reading the game via live updates. poor me. i think its time to find some ansan friends. maybe the next time korea plays i can find someone to watch with me. young did asked me to go to seoul but i had taekwondo and really didn't feel like going there. the other teachers were watching from their home in suwon. i thought about going to lake ansan but after taekwondo i was tired and i had my computer with me and didn't feel like lugging it all the way there. on my way home every single shop i passed had their tvs on. i did stop in the city center of where i live and watched a little. there were tons of people on the sidewalk. most of the restaurants in the area pulled out their tvs and plastic chairs for people to gather. while getting my food i made friends with two young girls who told me my korean was good. little did they know those were the only two words i knew. from my apartment i could here all my neighbors cheering, blowing whistles, etc. every time korea scored or did something that made them happy. the two players that scored goals ahn jung-hwan and lee chun-soo both happened to be in my top 4 list [see tuesdays blog]. can i pick them or what. its too bad i didn't get to see it for myself. at least the live feed had uptodate photos. so it was kind of like seeing it live. lee chun-soo is definitely is hot. he currently plays in the k-league for ulsan hyundai. guess what i'll be doing? trying to get myself to one of those games. hehe. all the noise from my neighbors has since deceased. one would think they'd be out celebrating in the streets. perhaps they are doing just that in seoul. i'm sure tomorrow at school everyone will be uber excited. go reds!!!!

be the reds…

p.s. during tkd my kwangangnim's cell phone went off and he has it set to play "baby's got back". you gotta luv it.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Hey Ethan, your adoptive country should be happy as they just kicked Togo's butt.

For a humorous side note, you should ask your Korean colleagues if they even know where Togo is.

Scott