Thursday, March 09, 2006

this just in…

deery-lou.
well its official…i'm now a BLACK BELT!!!! yippee!! i'm so excited. and i just can't hide it. i'm about to lose control and i think i like it, like it. how's that for a little song. i'm amazed that i actually stuck with something for so long and got a result. i still in shock. there's a part of me that can't believe its over and done with. it felt like an eternity. when i walked into class my kwangjanim presented the belt to me and said "congratulations". i felt very proud. to actually have the belt in my hands felt good. i had them sew my name in korean. it seemed more authentic that way. i'm such a geek. i would love to know how many points i scored. you needed 60 to pass. me thinks i got 61. hehe. i'm just hoping that now the i got the black belt i don't lose interest. i mentioned something to horace earlier in the day that i haven't been motivated lately. i think a lot of that had to do with the build up to taking the test. it was also before i knew that i got it. i did pay for one more month tonight so with any luck this lack of motivation will be a passing phase. who knows perhaps i'll get my second black belt before leaving korea. wouldn't that me cool. it feel cool to be walking around the gym in my brand spankin new black belt. as we were waiting for class to begin my sahbanim tugged on his belt smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up. these guys are great. i'm so glad i got my belt with them and not my first suck-ass master. i think they were just as happy as i was, especially since i'm the first foreigner they taught. the classtimes was spent mostly on kicking. i think i'm improving ever so slightly. i do know one thing. my legs are definitely going to be one lean mean fighting machines before i leave this country.

new banner of my master thats in the hallway

my black belt [thats my name on the left]

be well…

7 comments:

hez said...

yay ethan! that's so awesome! rock on!

Misty L said...

I'm so proud of you, E!

Kate said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's times like these that i'm so happy you blog. Congratulations! and don't worry about wanting to rest. you've been workin' so hard. it's normal to hit a plateau.

Pevil said...

HOORAY FOR ETHAN! Three cheers! This is the best news ever! I am so proud of you E. Great job at sticking with it and making it happen. YOU RULE!

dac said...

way to go!! check, star, plus plus!!
i never went all the way, proud to know you do.

Prattlepants said...

baby, im not sure if you realize but you wrote

"i'm amazed that i actually suck with something for so long and got a result."

he he he... what exactly is your black belt in dear jethan? anyway you rock like gibraltar and im proud of you and cant wait to see you kick someone's ass.

Unknown said...

Yay! I knew you'd make it! Now you're an official superhero.

I need to check in at this blog of yours more often. I've been slack. This news has been up for a week now. Shame on me.