Wednesday, April 27, 2005

out with the old…

deary diary–
well its official…i quit my taekwondo class last night. i probably should have done it from day one since "the master" was always such an ass. but as i got to be friendlier with the others in class it kept me going. now that both "j" and "r" were kicked out and "h" isn't coming back the class just isn't the same. i went on monday after a 3 week asbsence due to my injury. the class itself was all right. its finally getting some structure to it but it's about 6 months too late. on tuesday i went with my boss to meet a new taekwondo instructor. i'm not a 100% sure but i think he's alot younger than me. which should be interesting. oh, and i don't think he speaks any english. if he does its very little. he's a little concerned about me being in a class with all 6th graders and not knowing much korean. my boss told him that i can relate to children and i'm not worried about the language difference. if anything i'm hoping it will help motivate me. i'm a little nervous about starting anew. i keep imagining myself getting my ass kicked by little kids. it should be exciting. i did get a good feeling from the institute and the instructor. the only downfall is that i'll now be going 5 days a week. yikes. i hope i can do it. at least it will make the week go by much faster. so i broke the news my old master on wednesday via phone. i thought i was going to tell him exactly what i thought of him and the class. as i spoke to him though i started to realize he only hears what he wants to so i sort of backed down. i basically told him that i didn't like how the class was operated in the past and that i felt with all the recent changes it was best that i take a break. of course he said he didn't understand and that it wasn't a good reason. i tried to explain it again is simpler terms but still he didn't get it. he told me he felt quilty which he should since he's the reason. and then there's the annoying one who told on "j". i just couldn't stand being there anymore and i really didn't feel motivated anymore. i'm actually quite excited about this new class. hopefully it will respark my interest. and lets hope i don't get too embarassed in front of all the kids. its definitely going to be interesting. wish me luck. my first class starts on monday.

be well…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I couldnt help but laugh out aloud...the image of you getting the crap kicked out of you by 6th graders is just too funny. please take as many pics as you can...i wish i could be there...you're my true hero!!!!

d-

hez said...

i was laughing out loud at your boss saying that you relate to children...well, and you getting your ass kicked by 6th graders.
hahahahaha!

Misty L said...

I don't know why, but the image of you being in a tae kwon do class with a bunch of 6th makes me think of you as Will Farrell...which is damn funny. I'm so proud of you for getting out from under the thumb of the "master". He sucks.

Pevil said...

Be gone Master Shin! YAY!