Tuesday, April 05, 2005

is it a sign from above…

dear diary–
i'm am in complete and utter pain. monday night during taekwondo i took a wicked fall while doing a freestanding handstand. apparently i fell to the side, my chin jammed into my chest and now everything hurts. hurts bad. as i crashed down and heard a sound come from my body and immediately look i snapped my neck. fortunately that wasn't the case. tuesday we had a national holiday and instead of being able to enjoy my free day i spent the entire day in bed unable to move. it feels like someone threw a brick into my chest and its still there. it hurts to bend down, take deep breaths, rolling over in bed, etc. i'm being to wonder if these are signs from above telling me that taekwondo is not for me. i mean how many times can one person injure themselves. in the 7 months i've been takening this this so far i've: 1). hurt my ankle 2). bruised my tailbone 3). broke my pinky toe and 4). did something to my chest. i realize that its been forever since i ever participated in any active sport on a regular basis but come on. it looks like i'm be sitting out this week. i decided that if the pain doesn't go away soon its back to the acupuncturist for me. on another note the master has kicked out two of my friends "j" and "r". still not sure why that happened but it did and it really sucks. the thing that really gets be mad is that i was trying a new approach to class this week too. especially since "r" and "j" are gone i have no friends in there so i was going to concentrate really hard on what we are doing. and by doing so look what happens. i get hurt. its crazy how things seem to work out. it looks as if i'm going to be spending the rest of this week in bed after school. so much for having a fun birthday weekend. i did manage to get some kind of muscle relaxant from the pharmacy which seems to be working. hopefully its nothing really serious. now i just feel so doped up from the relaxants and the xanax i'm taking. it will definitely be an interesting day at school today. hopefully i won't fall asleep on these little munchkins. be well…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG sounds like a cracked rib!!! ribs are very easy to break. you need professional attention immediately. X-rays, not mysterious korean relaxitives and xanax.
please send the remaining xanax to me, or just save them for shopping :)

d-octor

Pevil said...

Oh dear E. Don't give up on TKD yet. Maybe just a different teacher or studio would do the trick. Master Shin's time is up. Take care of yourself. Try some beer with the Xanax. Heard it works wonders! Get better.