Sunday, April 17, 2005

bbq bye bye

dear diary–
i spent most of my mornings last week getting acupuncture. i'm hoping this will help with the pain. it's been a week and so far i feel a little better. not a whole lot but at least it something…right. it looks as if i'll be taking another week off of taekwondo. my doctor doesn't want me to go back yet. which is actually fine with me because i'm really not sure what i want to do about that. during my treatments this week i got to experience something new. they have these ceramic cups [a little smaller than the tea cup with no handles at chinese restaurants] which they dip into a bunsen burner type thing which cause a blueish flame to appear around the edge of the cup and then they sucked it to your chest. so i get like 8 or 9 of these put onto my chest and then they cover it with a towel and put a heating lamp on them for about 5 minutes. when i first the cup coming towards my exposes flesh and was like "this is going to burn alot" but actually it doesn't. i was quite surprise. it's actaully a cool feeling. i'm not really sure what it actually is suppose to do since my doctor and nurse speak very little english. it does seem to cause some blood spots to appear through my pores. and the best part is that it leaves a circular hickey. yes my right side of my chest is filled with hickeys. they've also been hooking me up to this ice massage type of machine which is now my favorite. i actually just got back from my appointment a little while ago. no ice massage today. sadness. i have to return again on wednesday.

this weekend i kind of just took it easy. i did some running around in my neighbor to get a few stuff. i met this really cool shopowner. her english was quite good and i think i spoke with her for a good 20 mins. i felt like i had to buy something and i almost bought a stuffed smurf but changed my mind. at last someone else came in and when she turned her attention to her i made my great escape. i'm so bad. the store actually had a lot of cool stuff. i'm sure i'll be back. on sunday my friend jenny had a rooftop bbq, or should i say her bbq bye, bye. she lives about 10 minutes away via subway. she's leaving in a couple of weeks which makes me sad. we've been hanging out quite a bit and i'm really going to miss that. thats the one thing about being here. you meet people, make a connection, and then they leave and you have to start again. at least i got a few more weeks. the weather was actually quite nice yesterday. i wore shorts and a short sleeve shirt which was so nice to do. there were about 8 of us total there. she had blankets and mats out for us to sit on. there was a portable cd player for us to listen to music. plus we had loads of food and beer. i got there around 2:30 and didn't get home til midnight. it was really great to just sit outside, drink, eat, talk, and chill with friends. it was kind of like being in dolres park. i actually felt like i was in new jersey. a lot of the buildings had these mutli-colored bricks that reminded me of my aunt rose's house. its so funny how little things like that can spark a memory. at one point jenny busted out this frog bubble gun that had glowing eyes. i'm still not sure why she didn't get me one. she said she got it at chinatown. hello. there's a chinatown in korea. i have to see this. i'm definitely going to make her take me before she leaves. it was a great day. i'm just paying for it a little this morning. but thats life. all right be well…

new favorite cocktail
soju + grape juice

3 comments:

Pevil said...

We missed you in the park yesterday. Lots of fart jokes and chocha talk, you know how it goes. Hickies on your chest, hee hee! Talk to you soon E.

Kate said...

hey, i read that gwyneth paltrow gets the hickie treatment too. that's hot. (glad you are feeling better!!)

hez said...

i love that there is a china town in korea. they should have an america town.