Sunday, September 09, 2012

the blind men and the elephant

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list…

Miami hosted dwntown art days this past weekend. I decided to checked some things out only to realize that when I arrived at Bay Front park at 1 pm, the event wasn't starting until 5 pm. Oops.  I walked to Bay Front park so by the time I got there I was completely drenched. I found a chair that was shaded by a palm and decided to take a seat while I finished drinking a peach smoothie and stared off into the bay. After I had cooled down I walked over to The Historic Alfred | Dupont Building where there were suppose to be two exhibits going on.

The window display exhibit that I eventually found was just that. If you happened to blink as you walked by you would have missed it. It was only one window. What made it harder to view was the partial gate that stood in front of it. I had thought there was a photo exhibit there as well but when I asked the guard inside he told me the only exhibit was the one outside. I later discovered that the photo exhibit I wanted to see was somewhere else (I need to pay better attention to details). Feeling underwhelmed I decided to call it a day. Plus the heat was getting to be a bit much. Dwntwn arts day was a bust!

Overall, I can't really complain because at least I got out and did a bit more exploring of the city. On my way home I discovered a couple of restaurants as well as Discotekka and Will Call, which looked promising for a sports bar. The rest of my day was spent relaxing and trying to cool down. It's seems that one application of sun block in the Miami heat is not enough. In my three hours of walking around with sunblock on I still managed to get burned. :(

For dinner I made a fall harvest chowder in the slow-cooker which turned out amazing. I also watched a very interesting documentary called Cocaine Cowboys about the drug trade in Miami during the late 70s and early 80s.

Just where will I end up next is any one's guess.

stay gold & be well

No comments: