Friday, December 28, 2007

deeper & deeper

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list…

christmas has come and gone. i arrived in miami 12 days ago to wrapped presents under the tree. i now leave with toys thrown all over the family room. all in all it was a great christmas. the tension that arose early in the trip faded into the background and we were all able to once again enjoy ourselves. the arrival of my folks helped a lot. it was really great to see them. they both appeared to be in good spirits. i took a day trip with my folks to visit some friends of theirs in naples. we drove down alligator alley and saw all the gators resting on the side. we had lots of activities building up to christmas day. we all went to the beach to gather up shells, tried crabbing off a pier which was a bust, lunched at the beach where we saw a raccoon, and did some last minute shopping. my nieces and nephew made out like bandits for christmas. santa brought them bikes and scooters. watching them rip through the presents was great. my sister and i didn't get to our sockings until late that night. sockings are my favorite. i could do without the gifts as long as i had a socking.

the other day my sister and i went to south beach. i was on a mission to find some shoes. no luck. i did manage to get a bit of a sunburn though. it was hot!! while my parents were here i had to bunk in morgan who will be three in february. on the first night i awoke to her hitting my face saying "mom", "dad", then climbing into bed with me. at least she managed to fall back to sleep. the next night around 5:30 am i awoke to her staring at me with a bunny under one arm and a princess wand in the other. again she climbed into bed but refuse to sleep. instead she kept telling me i needed a new tummy. i managed to keep her entertained for a bit before she stood up and said she was leaving. needless to say i didn't get back to sleep.

there were lots of pictures taken. i'll try to get them posted next week some time. so now its time to head back to sf. all i really want to do is sleep but i have to move into my apartment. someone give me the strength...

stay gold & be well…

3 comments:

Scott said...

Sockings are your favorite?

Sheesh, nice one Rocky Balboa.

Pevil said...

Sounds like a great holiday!

Bonnie Conquest said...

Sockings?
You mean sTockings?
Otherwise, I'm lost...