Sunday, September 09, 2007

drop

deery-lou.
welcome to crazy! it only took 5 days before i had my first crazy encounter with the locals. it's good to know my superpowers to attract them has not worn off. it all went down at the local laundry mat when misty, ted, and i returned to take our clothes out of the washers. upon entering some woman had her stuff on top of the washer i was using. as i approached she removed her things and said sorry. i went ahead and moved my things from the washer to the dryer. misty and i shared one washer so i started helping her put the clothes into the dryer when i was finished with mine. when i went to check the washer to make sure we had gotten everything the woman from earlier said something to me. here's how it went down:

crazy woman: you know it's not nice to look into other people's washers.
me: umm, i know her. we're sharing the washer.
cw: well, you shouldn't be looking into people's washers. its not very nice.
me: relax, i'm with her.
cw: i saw you looking at my wash.
me: you're crazy.
misty: yes, and earlier he was trying on your clothes.

by now i decided it was best t simply ignore her and her rants. although i could feel her staring us down. ted stayed behind to guard our clothes because we were sure she'd do something to them. she stared misty and i down as we walked out. when we returned a half hour later crazy was still there. she stood right by the dryer so i had to pass her. i did my best to avoid eye contact didn't want to have round two. we managed to fold our clothes and avoid any further confrontations with her. guess where i won't be doing my laundry next time.

what else? went to look at a couple of apartments. the first one i looked out turned out to be a bad experience. the woman who was showing it was pretty rude to us. not sure if it was a race thing or not. but when i asked for an application to fill out she told me to mail it back to her. that immediately stuck me as a big NO. misty, derek, and i all tried to talk to you at one point and she just wasn't having any of it. the other experiences have been much better but still haven't found the apartment of my dreams. there's still time so i'm not giving up.

on saturday we celebrated misty's birthday. she had a cocktail and cupcakes gathering at her pad. i got to see a lot of people i haven't seen in a long time so that was nice. everyone seemed to have a good time. i drank a bit too much which made today a complete waste. i had zero energy. managed to walk to subway for a sandwich. hehe. that was about the extent of my day. now its time to plant my ass in front of the tv.

stay gold & be well…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISTY!!
LUV YA!

3 comments:

Pevil said...

Crazy people follow you everywhere!

Scott said...

Well man, you could've planted your ass in front of your very own TV on Sunday, but alas, it still remains at my place.

The TV that is, not your ass.

Great seeing you on Saturday pal.

Misty L said...

thanks, E! The crazy lady didn't know who she was messing with.