Friday, November 06, 2009

skeletons

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list…

my apartment building consists of old asian women & russians with a few youngsters scattered about. yesterday, i rode the elevator with my neighbor, an old asian woman. our conversations usually go like this: "hello", "what floor", "goodbye". you would think that after a year she'd recognize me as her neighbor but she never does. perhaps i shouldn't change my look so much. anyway...as we were exiting the elevator, she handed me a flyer that was in her hands. it was a notice from fedex about a delivery attempt. i wasn't sure if she knew what it said or not so i explained it to her. she responded in chinese, then ran into her apartment. she returned with another fedex notice from the day before and preceded to talk to me for five minutes in chinese. the whole time she was talking she was pointing up and and down the hallway. i couldn't quite figure out what she was trying to tell and finally had to say, "i don't know". she repeated, "oh, don't know", said goodbye, and headed into her apartment. i love my neighbors. just where will i end up next is any one's guess.

stay gold & be well…

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love hearing more about your building!