Sunday, August 19, 2007

reach for the stars


deery-lou.
eight more days left in korea. on the ninth i'll be flying the friendly skies with all my crap i seemed to have accumulated over the past 3 years. it's hard for me to imagine life outside of korea. i've grown accustom to things here. i just hope sf is ready for me. there will be plenty of things i'm gonna miss about korea and plenty i won't. today was my last day having to go to the swimming pool with the kids. it was mayhem. so many children. they were all wearing swim caps which made it dificult to tell which ones belonged to us. we got so use to being at the pool with no one else there that none of us imagined it would be this crowded. sadly i didn't get any me time at the pool. the day was spent keeping track of the little ones. at least no one drowned. the only causalities of the day were amber falling and cutting her chin, and then there was her brother mick who threw up from stuffing m&ms down his mouth. mick has thing about throwing up. just the other day during lunch he puked onto his lunch tray. of course this all happened in my classroom. not a pretty sight. he is a cutey though.

we're making puppets this week in art class. i've decided that we need two days for art since 40 minutes is not alot of time. especially when i'm doing most of the work. i finished mine yesterday and i must say i'm quite pleased with it. hehe. i'll be sure to take a photo and post it later. so while cleaning up my apartment and getting ready for my big move, i came across some sayings i wrote down that were taken from pencil cases. here they are:

story of… yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow a vision of hope, look to this day for it is life

cutie bisquit friends

feeling love of my life and missing friend of my train


alcohol is my soulmate


classics. these are the kinds of things i'll miss about this place. i've spent the last couple of days strolling around my k-hood that i've grown to love. made a few purchases here and there. although i'm getting worried that everything isn't going to fit into my suitcases. there are so many things that i want to get but since i'll be homeless i don't see the point. i'm sitting here now staring at the pile of stuff on my floor. why is packing so H.A.R.D.

i took some photos of my students last week. click here to see them.

stay gold & be well…

3 comments:

Misty L said...

You know what? You should buy the stuff you want. You don't know when you'll be back there. There's plenty of room to store it until you find an apartment. We both have storage spaces and our apartment is big. So I say, get the stuff, package it up and mail it back to the US.

Kate said...

Listen to Misty. BUY the STUFF, ethan. I have room to store stuff too. It's np.

Pevil said...

You are my cutie bisquit friend! Can't wait to see you. We also have a big garage so if you want to store some boxes there temporarily, you sure can. But would need to remove prior to the rain as there are a few leaks and wouldn't want your stuff to get damaged.