Thursday, August 30, 2007

the heavens

deery-lou.
two days left. my students are clinging to me like saran wrap. they don't want me to go. if i think too much about it i get upset. there's a part of me that wants to stick around to watch them grow. its amazing how fast you can become attached. i've only been teaching them since march. but i feel closer to them then i did the kids at teh junior school. i'm definitely going to miss some of them. i know we aren't suppose to have our favorites but i do: davis, skye, andy, esther, joanna, & caleb. i keep telling davis i wantg to bring him back with me. wouldn't that be funny. i arrive at the airport with a child. hehe. we finished our paper bag house art project today. for those that have facebook you can see the picture there under the my art album. teaching the 6 years old art is always a challenge. they'd much rather play with all the supplies then actually make something. i had to yell at them a few times. andy's new passion this week is to suck on his fingers then he wipes it on his arms. not sure what that's all about but i keep telling him to stop. that boy is definitely in his own little world.

today's weather felt like being in san francisco. perhaps its a sign. on my way home i walked through the sunflower field that's across from our school. i noticed from our window that they had scarecrows and knew that i needed to see them up close and personal. as i was wondering through the fields some old ladies were sitting at a table. i heard them say "miguk" so i turned and said yes. then they proceeded to speak to me in korean. as usual i just smiled and continued on my way. some things never changes. here's a sample of what i encountered amongst the sunflowers:

sunflower&bees

the drunk

the movie star

well tomorrow is it. will have to say goodbye to all the kids. at least we will having a birthday party so the day should be pretty easy. then its off to dinner with the school. that should be interesting. my apartment is completely packed except for my computer and a few other random things. my suitcases weigh a ton. i'm hoping they'll pass the weight limit. these are the things keeping me up at night. hehe

check out the rest of the photos here

stay gold & be well…

1 comment:

Kate said...

That sunflower field is gorgeous. Safe journey buddy. I can't wait to give you a big hug. Love you.