Friday, March 02, 2007

no parachutes

deery-lou.
wow. i've just realized that it's been 12 days since my last post. can't really blame it on being on vacation because i wasn't. i guess you could say i've been a bit preoccupied spending time with a certain someone. so now it's time for me to play catch up. i'll try to make it quick…

on life
during the lunar new year holiday i met someone. his name is daniel. he's a cutey. we spent most of the holiday together which was really really nice. for those of you who know me, you know i haven't dated much so its kind of a big deal for me. even more so for me to mention it here. anyway…we hit it off really well. it has been some time since i've had a connection with someone. he makes me laugh. i feel very comfortable around him. almost as if i've known him forever. and the best thing is that i really enjoy just being with him. it scares me a little cuz i find myself liking him more and more each day. i mean, come on, so far he's managed to get me to a noraebang twice. you all know how i feel about karaoke! so these last 12 days i've spent either with him, or talking to him and haven't given much thought to blogging. especially when we had more important things to do like lay in bed watching tv and eating. hehe. it definitely does feel nice having a bf. i could so get use to this.

on work
it's been a bit chaotic there. the kindergarten school opens march 5, so everyone has been focusing on that. i'm still a bit in the dark about things over there. no one has really bothered to tell me much of anything. thats the one thing that bugs me about the school. it looks like i'll be winging it on march 5. we had a preview class on wednesday. they told me about it on tuesday. so i had a few hours on tuesday to prepare. it went pretty well. the moms sat in on the class which made it a bit nerve racking. that was until i realized they probably don't understand me. the little ones are so damn adorable. i'm glad i decided to make the switch. my hours will change to morning plus i'll get free lunch. yum.yum. spent the rest of the week moving things to my new classroom. i'll let you know how it goes. wish me luck.

on taekwondo
class has been kicking my ass. now that there are no more children they are working us hard. i must say i do feeling pretty good when the class is over. its the whole trying to get through it thats killing me. however, i did manage to score a massage this week. on wednesday night my tkd class went out to dinner to say goodbye to russian sahbumnim. all i have to say is that kim sahbumnim is the devil. i've never seen anyone drink so much soju. of course, i had to try to keep up with him and it cost me dearly. once i got home my evening was spent on the bathroom floor. i'm so not 16 anymore.

on friends
it seems like every month i've had to say goodbye to someone. this time it was princess. she had a little going away/house party last saturday. i still can't believe she left. sadness. i did have an awesome time at your party. daniel came with me, so at least he had a chance to met princess before she departed. met a few other cool peeps. naomi made a cake. most likely a box cake from the states. however, it was so freakin good. i couldn't stop stuffing it down my throat. hi, fatty. of course the evening turned into an all nighter. didn't get back to ansan until 7 a.m. it's been awhile since i've done one of those nights and now i remember why. i'm absolutely useless the next day.

that pretty much wraps up the last 12 days. i promise to be a bit better with updates. oh, i'm still very much enjoying the new kristin hersh cd.

stay gold & be well…

11 comments:

Kate said...

YAY. you are SO forgiven. let's see photos! Who's this Daniel? you deserve this, e.

sad to hear about Princess leaving. congrats on kindergarten school! so much news so little time..

dac said...

YAY!
je te dis merde!

xx

Misty L said...

Boyfriends RULE!!! I just found a flight for much cheaper...OMG.

KorJen said...

Um, i think it was a box cake but the icing was from scratch. Naomi awaits your text message, you better get on that.. Yes I miss you, life in vangroovy is a bit hectic! It' hard to sit in a coffee shop since... well i listen to everyone around me... its driving me crazy... LOL! Much love'
princess

Unknown said...

A BF! Look out!

dac said...

i've actually come to find out that little phrase in french translates to something like "you're full of shit"
so I'm taking that back and I'm totally happy for you :)
bonne chance! with the bf and school
...those damn french translation message boards, seriously

Bonnie Conquest said...

Hi fatty!
I miss you!

Pevil said...

A boyfriend a boyfriend! Load up them there pics! Happy for you! YAY! I wouldn't bother posting either.

Oooof! said...

I'm soooo happy for you ! Wish you all the best, you definitely deserve this. Ok now, show us ze lucky man !

KorJen said...

hey! get out of bed... I got out of bed, you can too!!!

Prattlepants said...

sweet jesus man, i disconnect for like a few weeks and youre all married and shit... who is this daniel you speak of???

i miss you kiki!!!

xo - a