Tuesday, September 19, 2006

this place is a prison

deery-lou.
frustrated. angry. that's how i felt after getting off the phone with the earthlink people. trying to cancel my sprintmail account was much more difficult than it should have been. one thing i did realize is that the people at earthlink are morons. complete morons. i spent an hour on the phone mostly on hold. they managed to suck all the minutes off my international card—bastards! sometimes i wonder why they even have the computer prompted questions. as soon as a person answered they asked me the same ones. and of course they had to switch me to someone else. then this person couldn't find my account in their database. funny that i could read all my account info but this genius couldn't. i tried to explain to him that i'm calling internationally. he kept telling me i was on the toll free line. hi, its not toll free when calling out of the country. he still couldn't find my info so i got sent to embark. i guess they own part of sprint. the empark guy couldn't help me either. he said he was getting a supervisor but instead i got sent to a sprint phone sales person. she kept asking me for my cell phone number. over and over i explained that i'm calling to cancel an email account. "you get phone email," she said. she couldn't help. she sent me back to embark. the new embark lady happened to be quite helpful. she managed to track down a earthlink employee who knew what they were doing. the el employee asked me why i was leaving. i basically told her that i don't have time for these stupid questions since i've been on the phone at international rates for an hour now. she got the message and said that as of sept 26 my account will be termintated. thanks for listening to me rant. i think i'm over it now.

be well…

p.s. i'd like to make another shout out to the embark lady who was so helpful. sorry i didn't get to thank you on the phone. your the best!

4 comments:

Scott said...

Hey Ethan,

I don't mean to be a stickler about this, but since the main crux of your post was about Earthlink's stupidity, maybe you should call them "morons" instead of your twice-typed "morans".

Ah, irony. Love it.

j. ethan duran said...

oops. hehe. i guess that makes me a "moron", too. oh well, i'm only human after all. thanks for pointing out the mistake there scott. i can always count on you.

Kate said...

tsk. those erin morans are not worth your energy. glad you're rid of 'em!

dac said...

moran moran..technology + humans = sucks