Friday, July 21, 2006

good morning charlie…

deery-lou.
well as most of you know i'm making a journey to the states in 6 days. the first part of my trip will be spent visiting family in hot-lanta. followed by 5 days in sf, the place i call home. the last time i went home i thought it would be best to stock up on books and dvds to bring back with me. of course i did the same for this upcoming trip. i've spent the last couple of days and today debating whether or not to purchase season 3 of charlie's angels plus 12 mangas. i know, most ridiculous. this is what happens when you're life is stress free. you start obsessing over the very minute things. this is whats going through my head: "do i really need all this stuff", "i'm i really going to watch it, i haven't even finished season 2 yet". "will i have room in my suitcase". "i haven't even read all the mangas i got here now". i even went so far as to ask misty about it via yahoo. how old am i? seriously. misty is my sounding board for everything. although it never fails that ethan + misty = just do it. when we're together its always trouble. fun trouble but still trouble. toys shop owners are always glad to see us coming. i love shopping with her. when we lived today we use to put on mini-fashion shows before going out for the night. its the little things in life that makes us happy. this is why i love her so much. my crazy collection obsession is all misty's fault. i remember the first time i went to her apartment in boston and saw the 90210 dolls ever so nicely displayed. i so wanted to steal the brenda doll. i knew then we'd be the best of friends. later that night i realized it didn't matter how old i was. if i wanted to buy toys and display i was going to do it. it didn't take long for me to unpack my star wars toys of my youth and proudly display them. and ever since then there's been no going back. stars wars, superheroes, action figures of all sorts, anime characters it didn't matter. they were mine. thanks for releasing the beast within, misty. you rock! in case you're wondering i went ahead with all of my purchase. yes, even the angles. sure i probably really don't need to be carting them clear across the country but thats what i do. plus it brings me joy. and who knows it might be time to introduce my kids to those lovely angels. wouldn't that be a trip.

be well…

7 comments:

Kate said...

you and mist are two peas in a pod. i can't wait to watch the two of you in action again. woo hoo!

dac said...

she's right ya know. however, i would advise not to bring too much back because you never know what you may be taking away.

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you very soon in the ATL!!

By the way, I was surfing through people on OkCupid.com and found a picture of "Ethan: The Next Generation" ...he's 20 years old and is from NJ too.

You can see him here:

Next Gen E

j. ethan duran said...

thats eerily creepy don't you think.

Misty L said...

YAY!! Made me all teary-eyed reading this....remembering all of our fashion shows and our apartment full of toys. Remember when we first saw the apt in the Castro? Our biggest concern is that it was too "grown up" and our toys wouldn't look right in there. HAHAHAHA. ridiculous.

Unknown said...

Creepy photo, indeed. At first I thought someone found an old photo of you... when I realized it was for real, I then turned to a creepier thought: human cloning has begun! You didn't make any sperm bank donations 20 years ago, by any chance, did you?

Scott said...

Can't wait to see you Ethan. Now go fix your blog so I don't have to scroll 7 miles down to read your entries!