Monday, July 03, 2006

casper!

deery-lou.
for those of you who have spent many sleepless nights wondering what ever happened to casper the friendly ghost fear not. the friendly ghost we all knew and loved [and even hated] as a child has found new fame in korea. although not as glamorous as being a cartoon superstar, the ghost with the high pitched voice is now the mascot for ghost pizza.


if only his friends could see him now. and what's up with the hat? poor, poor casper. i was never really much of a fan myself. although i did dress up as casper one halloween. i insisted on my mom buying the plastic casper costume. she was angry. it was during her "i want to make all your halloween costumes phase". she let me wear the mask. as for the rest of my costume she made it herself. my sister was a gingerbreadman that year. my mom actually sewed real candy onto her costume. i can still see the gumdrops. needless to say my sister won a prize. no one appreciated the casper costume. go figure. well now we know where fallen cartoon heroes go—korea. i only hope i come across josie and pussycats one of these days.

watch toons. be well...

countdown to sf: 23 days

2 comments:

Bonnie Conquest said...

Fat Korean 8 year old boy walks into my class yesterday. I've never seen him before: "What's your name, kid?"

"Angel"

I blame Ethan.

Kate said...

i used to watch the old casper cartoons, then they went and made it "new and improved" and i stopped watching. sigh. glad to see he's emerged from hiding. wait, he's a ghost... anyway. thanks for the update.