Thursday, February 23, 2006

lost or stolen

deery-lou.
i got a letter from my mom the other day. within her letter was a letter from bank of america. apparently they were concerned that a third party had gotten hold of my debt card and put a block on it. i called them to find out what was up. not sure why i did because you never get the information you want from these people. i spent 10 minutes on the phone and he kept repeating the same information over and over. i asked why it was blocked. he response was that it was called in lost or stolen. funny but i don't remember calling them. i asked who reported it stolen or lost. he had no answer. i guess anyone can report you card lost or stolen and they'll block it. hmmm. he told me that the old debt card was no longer valid. a new one was sent out. all i had to do was activate it. i told him i was living in another country. in which he responded by telling me to call the 1.800 number. i asked what part of living in another country he didn't understand. calling a 1.800 number from korea doesn't work that easily. he gave me a new number. it'll be quite interesting to see how this transpires. especially since i have no idea what my pin number is anymore. footnote: i was talking to him after i had polished off 7 glasses of korean wine. probably not a smart move. i'm sure i was being an uber b.i.t.c.h, too. also during this time i thought that my debt card was in my wallet. so after i hung up the phone with him i decided to get my debt card out of my wallet. well, much to my surprise it wasn't there. i checked the other place i usually keep it and it wasn't there either. oops! i guess i had lost it somewhere along the way. it seems odd to me though that someone from korea would call and report it. the good news is that no transactions were made. unlike poor misty who just got her wallet stolen and someone charge $800 dollars on it. so now i'm awaiting the arrival of my new card. hopefully they'll be able to give me a pin too.

tomorrow i'm heading off to the north to go to the mountains for an office retreat. good times.

be well...

3 comments:

dac said...

what did that fortune teller in HK say about money again?

Pevil said...

One word: WEIRD

j. ethan duran said...

i forgot what the "ft" told me.