Sunday, August 28, 2005

a pleasant surprise

deery-lou.
its day 3 and still no working fridge. one doesn't realize just how important this appliance is until its dead. today i had to throw away everything in my freezer. its barely cold in there but hopefully enough to keep my milk fresh one more day. i'm trying desperately customize myself to room temperature water. i must confess though i like it COLD. tomorrow i will once again express the immediate need of fixing this to my boss. perhaps this time he'll understand. i did manage to finally get everyting put away and up on the walls. YEAH! now i can begin to fully enjoy my tiny tiny apartment. i spent the morning in bed watching more episodes of popular. i'll refrain from going on a rant seeing that i've done it twice already. i bought a waffle ice cream today that was filled with vanilla ice cream and red beans. to my surprise it was actually quite tastey. yum. yum. both today and yesterday people have been moving into apartments. this is what i noticed. all the movers were wearing sandals. some with socks, some without. they have a machine kind of like a movable fortlift that they use to take things up to the higher floors. as i was sitting in my apartment i notice this machine pass by my window. i watched as they loaded up a washer and raised it to the third story. their two guys were waiting to lift it off and bingo it was in the apartment. we need these machines back home. it would save a lot of energy not having to walk up and down stairs. seeing that the buildings are so close i'm able to see into the apartment across the alley and vice versa. i noticed that they had a kick ass new fridge unlike the second hand crap that i got. i want to live in that building. anyway…i hope everyone is having a fab weekend.

be well…

the video vault
these are from my trip to thailand last christmas

watch me! drinking elephant [no explanation needed]
watch me! bathing elephant [here's star the elephant i was riding cooling off]
watch me! snorkling trip [views of koh chang from the snorkling trip]

No comments: