Tuesday, August 30, 2005

bye bye dalmatians…hello teen titans!


deery-lou.
taekwondo is back to full swing. my weekly class resumed today. it was actually fun to be back with all the youngsters. although i think one of the kids is crazy. as we were sitting against the wall watching the other students practice their poomses he kept talking to himself. not in the "i'm a kid kind of way". more like a "maybe i should be locked up kind of way." at one point i think i actually saw his eyes roll into the back of his head. spooky. the little girl in class even said he was crazy. i watch a lot of films in mrs. sullivans psychology class. which makes me think he's slightly off. my little buddy was there though. he's so funny. he helped me out when i had the wrong stances or hand placement for poomse 7. it was way cute. i know you all have been wondering and sending me numerous emails [just kidding] but my fridge has been fixed. although now the fridge part seems to be super cold seeing that it froze a tomato that i had in there. speaking of frozen tomatoes they have tomato popsicles here. i have yet to try one. i feel like i should but i'm also kind of scared. what should i do? yesterday i decided to do some cleaning and rearranging in my classroom. the students love when you change the classroom, NOT! i moved my desk so that it would be in the direct path of the air conditioner. i have so many windows in my classroom that its always warm. i also unofficially changed my classroom name from "dalmatians" to "teen titans". the titans are much cooler than a bunch of dogs. i figured it was time that my classroom's name reflected me. i printed out a picture of the teen titans and taped it over the sign that said "dalmatians". they think i'm so weird. i've also added more super heroes to my walls. heeheehee. i love me sometimes. on my way to work today i passed by a store that had mannequins that looked like this:




that first one is so damn creepy. the hair is good, but the face is too freakish. and the laughing one is not much better. everytime i look at that pink haired monster i gotta laugh. i mean, come on. who is going to buy clothes from this store. not i. thats for sure. i'll bet you anything the freaky mannequin comes to life at night.

speaking of shops and stuff, a couple of weeks ago i was walking around ewha women's university area when i stumbled upon a cafe that misty would absolutely love. i'm almost afraid to even mention its existence. thats how good it is. let me just say i'm sorry misty. i didn't know about this place before your visit. perhaps it'll give you incentive to return. what could all this fuse be about? the magical and wonderful place i'm talking about is a barbie cafe. where i believe you can actually dress up in barbie attire. now i'm not 100% sure about that but i believe that's what hyun-sik said. i didn't go in but i'm thinking i might have to go check it out. yes, misty, i'll dress up as barbie just for you. i did take some photos of the signage:






this is why i love korea. its the random things you find scattered here and there. the barbie cafe, the barbapapa soap dispenser, the store that had nothing but vintage clothes from america, the smurfette wallet, etc. they're so unexpected.

be well…

the video vault
the night clubs of korea

watch me! club las vegas [a night out with co-workers]
watch me! kiss club1 [this ain't no ordinary night club]
watch me! kiss club2 [one of the many acts at kiss club that night]

5 comments:

Pevil said...

Do you really like tomatoes? If no, I say stay away from the popsicles! Eeewww. I can't believe there is a Barbie cafe!

Pevil said...

Oh, and the first manniquen looks like CHUCKY!

Misty L said...

OH MY GOD!! A barbie cafe where you can dress up like BARBIE?!?!?! You are SO going and dressing up and taking a photo. Oh wait, you already said that....hahaha. I love Korea. I'm dressing up as that crazy manniquen for halloween.

dac said...

tomatoes are technically fruit, so it makes sense that there's a tom-pop....mmmm tom-pop. i'll bet it's good with salt sprinkles :p

Kate said...

didn't know there was a korean spice girls! nice videos. and i think we saw those mannequins...they look familiar... ok. maybe in a nightmare. yikes. creepy.