Wednesday, February 02, 2005

disappointed

here's a song by morrissey which basically sums up my feelings today:

Our unsleepable friend
Gets the message on an ill wind
"All your friends and your foes
Would rather die than have to touch you"
TO SAY THE LEAST: I'm truly disappointed

Truly, truly, truly, oh...
Drank too much
And I said too much
And there's nowhere to go - but Down


Young boy - I wanna help you
SEE THESE LINES ? : Truly disappointed


Truly, truly, truly, oh...
Don't talk to me, no
About people who are "nice"
'Cause I have spent my WHOLE LIFE
in RUINS
Because of people who are "nice"
Oh, this world may lack Style, I know
Each bud must blossom and grow, oh...


Young girl, one day you will be old
But the thing is, I love you NOW
Mmm ...


This is the last song I will ever sing (Yeah!)
No: I've changed my mind again (Aaw...)


GOODNIGHT


AND THANKYOU


not really sure if its being in another country or i'm just overly sensitive these days but yesterday something happened which pissed me off. right before my last class teacher "a" asked if i wanted to join her and "c" for dinner. i mentioned that i had class and she responded by saying i should join them after. when i said that class was done at 10:30 she gave a look like "oh we won't be out that late." at first i thought it was just going to the two of them then i found out that all of the teachers and jk were going. i asked why tonight and she told me that her and "c" had a talk with jk about his wife jane and he decided to take everyone out. i asked if if could be done on a different day and the response i got was "thursday is enough time to relax and fridays are too crazy". not sure what that means but whatever. as i sat in class this started to bother me. in the past we always made sure that everyone could attend when a group dinner is planned. normally i wouldn't mind taking off from taekwondo but since i'm not going friday i didn't want to miss two classes. another part of me is tired of always changing my plans for the needs of others. a few weeks ago we were all suppose to go out for "c's" birthday but since jane was coming "a" and "c" decided they didn't want to. for some reason they have a problem with jane who just so happens to be the boss. they feel that when jane is there they can't let loose, which means get completely drunk. its like i'm back in high school or something. i'm not sure why everyone can't enjoy a simple dinner out. does alcohol always have to be involved. obviously yes. needless to say i didn't go. someone even had the nerve to tell me that i had an hour and half before class which wasn't true. school is over at 8pm, i have class at 9pm. not sure where the extra half hour comes in. plus doing taekwondo after eating a huge meal is not my ideal. i think the thing that bothers me most is that that didn't even ask if i was free. it was more like we are going to dinner. oh, you can't join us well met us afterwards. of course with both "c" and "a" saying that did i ever receive a call later in the evening. no. like i said, i'm not sure why this is bothering me. when the whole incident with not wanting to go out with jane happened i thought it was completely rude. this woman is our boss. and now i kind of feel like they did it to me. i'm starting to realize that some people really only care about themselves and in that sense i feel very disappointed. disappointed with human behavior. sure there are times when you want to do your own thing or need your own space but if you're planning a group function make sure everyone can attend. i think last weekends outing is still sitting with me. which was filled with both good times and very tense moments. i write more about that later. anyway, i fill like i'm rambling on and on with no clear focus. perhaps i'll look back at this entry and think how foolish i was. but in the meantime it feels good to just get it out there. could't we all just get along…at least for one evening. is that too much too ask.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to land in Seoul on the 23rd, I'll come over and help you kick "a" and "c"'s A**. BTW did i tell you I will also be taking TKD whilst in Korea. I can't wait to see you, remember your jedi training. OXOXOXOXOX Damion

Anonymous said...

"if you ever get close to a human....."

d-jork

Pevil said...

People are people so why should it be...sorry to hear this happened E but sometimes people just disappoint us. Hang in there and yes, eating before TKD would have been a bad idea.

Prattlepants said...

i think that whenever youre hating on people you should practice an extra hour of TKD kicks and imagine their faces. people are crap. if you can remember that you'll never be disappointed. that being said darling, i predict wonderful things will come and renew your faith in humanity.

xoxo - boo