Sunday, October 28, 2012

run 2

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list…

Hurricane Sandy came and went bringing with it high winds, heavy rains, & much cooler weather to Miami. Unfortunately, Sandy is making her way up the east coast. I hope all my east coast peeps stay safe.

On Friday, the Herald played host to the boys & girls club who came to our office for trick or treating. Our conference room was turned into a haunted dining room where the kids came in to get their treats. A few of us were dressed up so we stood around the table scaring them. They seemed to have a good time. Only one girl busted out in tears.

Another event going on was a pumpkin carving contest. Two girls from our editorial department took on the task in hopes of winning us a pizza party. And they succeeded! Their entry far exceeded my expectations. It was basically one pumpkin pulling out the brain of another pumpkin. It was pretty cool and put any of my previous pumpkins to shame. I didn't take any photos but if I come across one I'll be sure to post it.


Since the weather was so nice, my sister and I decided to do something with the girls outside. We settled on going to the Everglades Holiday Park to check out some gators. The park turned out to be bust. I thought it was going to be like Gatorland in Orlando but it was merely an air boat ride followed by a gator show. One of my nieces didn't want to go on the hour long boat ride so we walked around the gift shop, looked at gators through a fence, saw some peacocks and then left.

This morning on the way back to my apartment my sister and I went to Diner 84 for breakfast. There's nothing like good diner food to start off your day. Just where will I end up next is any one's guess.

stay gold & be well

No comments: