Sunday, November 04, 2012

victorias y ganancias

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list…

I'm falling in love with my neighborhood. It's by far one of the more interesting places I've lived and the more I venture out the happier I get. My morning was spent walking around Wynwood shooting pictures for my blog as well as working on my ongoing photo project "Doll Parts"(title subject to change). What I love about early morning outings is the lack of people out and about making me feel like I have the scenery all to myself.

While walking on one of the main streets, I was asked by a woman out photographing graffiti if I would pose for a picture. Not one to turn down a chance to be photographed and discovered, I gladly obliged asking what exactly she wanted me to do. Basically, it was a simple task—all I had to do was walk back and forth in front of the mural on the side of the building.  She had me do it twice.

Once I was finished with my mini-model photo shoot, I continued with my own photo shoot until my camera battery ran out of juice. There is so much art/graffiti to see in this neighborhood that one never gets bored. During my outing I stumbled upon the "fashion district" although I didn't get to check out any of the shops because they were all closed. A lot of places seem to be closed on Sundays. I'm definitely going to have to return during the week just to see what these stores are about.

Just where will I end up next is any one's guess.

stay gold & be well…

No comments: