Sunday, June 17, 2012

1st instant/last report

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list…

I need to remind myself that I'm not in my twenties anymore. Staying out late and drinking definitely has its repercussions the next day. I feel like I wasted my Sunday. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Last night I went out with K&H. I haven't seen them since the Wynwood Art Walk back in April so it was nice to catch up with them. We started off the evening with wine & dinner at Bengel Modern Indian Cuisine which happens to be a couple blocks from my apartment. On the menu: garlic nan, chicken samosas, & shrimp shaag. The food was really good. It's definitely a place I'll return to.

After dinner we headed to Brickell Village for some drinks. We walked around a bit until we settled on going to Perricone's Marketplace & Cafe. They have a nice little covered bar that faces the street. We had two rounds there and then decided to head over to Wood Tavern in Wynwood. The Wood Tavern has an amazing outside space. It kind of reminded me of Zeitgeist in SF with all the picnic tables. Another spot I'll definitely return to especially since it's in my hood. We had two rounds there as well.

We finished up the evening at Churchill's, a dive bar that has live music 7 days a week. We caught the tail end of the last band who sounded pretty good. This is definitely my kind of place. The vibe was very laid back with a great jukebox and variety of peeps. It reminded me a lot of the bars I used to go to in my college days.

Most of today was spent doing absolutely nothing. I tried to rally but really couldn't be bothered. Instead I finished watching season one of Magic City which takes place in Miami circa. 1959. It's a pretty decent show.

Just where will I end up next is any one's guess.

stay gold & be well

No comments: