Sunday, October 02, 2011

white trash moon

deery lou.
previously on the e-list…

Hello all! It's been quite some time since my last post. Seeing that I'm finally getting around to making a post, I decided to make some changes to the template: out with the pink, in with the blue. A lot has happened since my last post so this one's going to be a cliff note version of what I've been up to. Without further ado...Here's how I spent my summer [in no particular order]:

1. Busy at work with all of our summer holiday groups. Lots of high school students this year from France, Vietnam, Spain, & China. It was the longest two months ever!
2. Raised money & participated in the SF AIDS Walk


3. Went to Lawrence Hall of Science with Huegel & the boys [see photos here] as well as the Japanese Festival in Concord with the entire Huegel-Brockway clan
4. Hiked Ano Nuevo State Park with John & Derek [see photos here]
5. Attended some birthday parties, pride parties, & going away parties
6. Had dinner on various occasions with Kiki, who is a fabulous cook
7. Took a rode trip with Misty to Portland [see photos here]
8. Sang a bit of karaoke with co-workers celebrating the end of the holiday groups
9. Almost appeared in a music video but backed out
10. Purchased a new Mac which I absolutely love
11. Started exercising again
12. Discovered a new coffee spot, Trouble, on Judah near Ocean Beach
13. Began working on a new photo project [more details later]
14. In the process of finishing scanning all of my old photo albums [only 8 pages left]
15. Hanging out with friends

That's all I can remember for now. I'm sure a few things have been left out. If anything comes to mind I'll be sure to post about it.

As for this weekend, it was quite busy. I met up with John & Derek on Friday. We hit a few bars in the Castro: Twins Peaks, 440, & the old standby The Pilsner. I ventured back to the Castro on Saturday to meet the boys for brunch where I got flirted with. Although at the time I didn't realize it. I can be somewhat oblivious at times. After brunch we headed to the de Young to check out the exhibit Picasso: Masterpieces from the Musée National Picasso.


My favorite piece was actually not part of the exhibit but a print that was on a mini-journal they were selling in the gift shop. It's called Enfant Jouant.


Today, I went to the Legion of Honor to check out the Dutch & Flemish Masterworks exhibit. It was the final day and the museum was pack. One of my favorite works was The Temptation of Saint Anthony by David Teniers the Younger. I was hoping they would have a postcard of it in the gift shop but no such luck. Another impressive work was Aelbert Cuyp's Orpheus Charming the Animals.


Also at the Legion of Honer was The Mourners: Tomb Sculptures from the Court of Burgundy. The sculptures were pretty amazing to look at.


Just where will I end up next is any one's guess.

stay gold & be well

No comments: