Sunday, December 13, 2009

winter now

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list…

sugar is evil! i went to a cookie exchange last night and managed to od on sugar. i truly believe it was the two pieces of eggnog fudge that sent me over the edge. i brought pbj cookies to the exchange which, if i do say so myself, turned out quite tasty. there were lots of goodies to be had and i left with an tin full of cookies & fudge. now if i can only refrain from eating them all today.

as part of the cookie exchange, there was also a white elephant. i dipped into my supply of back issues of girlfriends & on our backs as my white elephant gift. i even threw in a rainbow bright hat i made several years ago but never wore. i ended up with a book, the cheetah girls: living large books 1-4, which will now allow me to tap into my inner tween girl. i love how the book includes the cheetah girls credo: "to earn my spots and rightful place in the world, i solemnly swear to honor and uphold the cheetah girls oath"…

the book also contains a cheetah girls glossary making it all the easier for one to fit in with the cheetah girls. it's very important for us to know the meaning of such terms as: wefties [weaves that are so tick tacky the tracks are showing] or diva size [a size fourteen or up]. the best of all however, is the introduction: "once upon a rhyme, there were two beautiful, bubble-icious girls named galleria and chanel who were the best of friends and the brightest wanna-be stars in all the land." hmm, that sounds roughly familiar. i can't wait to start reading this classic.

while making my pbj cookies yesterday, i felt inspired and decided to dig out my little christmas tree and decorate it with the random ornaments i had in my apartment. the christmas spirit is definitely beginning to rise within. just where will i end up next is any one's guess.

















my little silver tree

stay gold and be well…

1 comment:

Kate said...

What a cute tree! I was thinking I wouldn't put my mini tree up this year, but you've inspired me. :)
p.s. Sad I missed the cookies.