Sunday, December 06, 2009

if she wants me

deer-lou.
previously on the e-list…













saturday night, i found myself celebrating my friend tamara's birthday russian style. we met at sadko, where we started the meal off with fried calamari, beet salad, crab salad, pickled vegetables, some kind of duck loaf, potatoes & mushrooms, rye bread, and shots of vodka. according to sasha & tamara it's customary to eat something [preferable a pickle] after taking a shot so that's what we did throughout our appetizers. prior to my entree, which was schnitzel, i had a bowl of borsch. and for dessert we had cherry blintzes. i'm not really sure where i managed to put all the food i consumed that evening. perhaps i was making up for fasting on friday. all i do know is that everything i tried was absolutely delicious. birthdays russian style are F.U.N! just where will i end up next is any one's guess.

be well & stay gold.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You guys have a restaurant named after my favorite, crazy Russian film based on the story of Sinbad? Wow! Although somehow, being that it's SF, I'm not surprised :)