Tuesday, December 22, 2009

m-train

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list...

R-kansas, here i come. i hope the people of charleston [if there even are people there] are ready for me. i'll be flying out there in about 10 hours. i've got my cowboy hat & boots all packed. can't wait to to spend some time with the sheep & peacocks.

i have a lot of mixed feelings about this trip. on the one hand, i'm looking forward to spending the holiday with my family. on the other, this will be the first christmas without my mom. i still haven't been able to look at pictures from last christmas. there's a part of me that feels if i do it makes it even more real that she's gone. it has been over 5 years since i've been to my parents house. and the first time for me to be at the house in arkansas. i'm a bit nervous about walking into this house and seeing all the things that remind me of my mom. i know that i haven't fully processed my mom's death. i'm just hoping that being there doesn't set off any triggers. i really want this holiday to be about us creating some happy memories. afterall, we could definitely use some. just where will i end up next is any one's guess.

stay gold & be well...

p.s. not sure i'll be able to post much while in the country, so stayed tuned for my adventures in R-kansas. happy holidays to one and all...

1 comment:

Prattlepants said...

happy travels E! and dont fight the triggers boo, it might be just what you need to keep healing. i wish you a holiday filled with warmth and the new memories you are looking for. big hug!

xo, a