Sunday, January 04, 2009

sometimes always

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list…

my first post for 2009. how exciting is that! my first instinct was to blog about my new years resolutions then i thought again. do i really want this list to exist in cyberspace taunting me, especially if i fail to accomplish any of them. so instead, i will keep them to myself. that way, my failures can be my own. although, i am going to do my best to accomplish them. i'll let you know how i did on december 31, 2009. stay tuned.

last week was quite a busy one. there seemed to be something going on every night. i kept meaning to blog about them but never did. on tuesday, i went to d&j's for our stocking exchange. this was the first time we did this. if i do say so myself, it was pretty successful. everyone had a good time and everyone scored major goodies. my stocking was stuffed with the following: tube socks, a christmas cactus, a gift certificate, a bunny patch, and a flush anime snow owl/bunny. i love new traditions. can't wait to see who i get next year and who gets me.

stockings!

reindeer

yo-yo

nye was a quiet one. misty had a little gathering with the crew. we ate, drank, danced, and listened to music. misty bought christmas crackers. you pull them and a prize pops out. i got a pink pooch key chain. i'm so lucky. at midnight we watched a recap of the ball dropping in new york. new year's day i did absolutely nothing and loved every minute of it.

party faces

my pink pooch keychain

self portrait1

friday night, we celebrated butter bean's birthday in style at the top of the mark. they have an awesome 360º view of sf and honestly, that's all i can really say about the place. it was bb's 40th birthday celebration, so it didn't really matter where we were. it was all about celebrating how great she is. she had gotten a room at the mark hopkins hotel, so we had a mini after party hoedown in her room. happy birthday, butterbean!

360 kate1

360 kate7

kate & me

on saturday morning we had brunch with butterbean at the nob hill cafe. afterwards, misty & i went to see slumdog millionare. what an amazing movie. if you haven't seen yet you must go. later that night i continued my wong kar-wai obessession by watching happy together. another great movie. just where will i end up next is any one's guess.

kate fork

stay gold & be well…

stocking exchange/nye photos here
kate's birthday photos here

3 comments:

Scott said...

Happy New Year to you pal. Your only resolution this year is to keep that sparkly red hat you're wearing in the photo above on your head for all of 2009.

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
j. ethan duran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.