Sunday, October 22, 2006

dog days

deery-lou.
sometimes all it takes is a song.
dog days by 50 footwave
Rats scatter after waves on the dirty beach
You're seriously losing me
A shiny object caught my eye, of course
These dog days always leave me with a stomach ache
These dog days always leave me with a stomach ache

One dip in the well and I'm done-in
Coffee and vitamins
Breakfast of champions
Don't touch me I don't know where you've been
Don't touch me I don't know where you've been

Simultaneously attracted and repelled
If you don't know by now, I'll never tell
I wake up a ton of un-kissed guilt
Just keep telling me this is life and we didn't miss it
Just keep telling me this is life and we didn't miss it

it rained today. the perfect kind of day to spend inside and in bed. i didn't. instead i met up with some friends to see art, eat spicy chicken stew, and be our fabulous selves. we even managed to squeeze in coffee and shopping. the art outing was planned by julie mccoy aka jen. our destination: kukje gallery to view the jean-michel basquiat exhibit. to me his work has a child-like essence, but with such deep meaning. it reminded me of this piece i purchased while at university. it's on a giant canvas and was done by elementary school students. everytime i looked at it i would find something new. looking forward to the day i can unpack it and remount it on my wall. we also went to gallery artside to check out the exhibit by hiroshi kobayashi. his work was pretty amazing. i have this thing for white so it really appealed to me. the gallery space was most excellent too.

hiroshi kobayashi, from a white room of unconsciousness

things i purchased:
1. archer & rin, palm characters from fate/stay night
2. be kind to the animal sticker [it had a bunny on it]
3. a photo album for my mini polaroids
4. "sticker pockets" with saturn on it for my scrapebook
5. cd skins
6. flyingbook 01 gallery journal

things i didn't purchase:
1. card holder with a bunny holding a balloon [thanks bc aka buzzkill]

the thing i was suppose to do today but didn't:
buy some white fabric so that i could be a ghost for halloween.

why is it so hard to find a white sheet in this damn country? i now have 4 days to figure out a costume. i use to love halloween but this country is slowly taking the joy out of it. i usually work well under deadlines, hopefully an idea will come to me. i'll keep you posted.

be well…

2 comments:

Pevil said...

Hm. I am stumped on the white sheet thing. Maybe you should be a pirate.

Bonnie Conquest said...

Just found out I don't have to dress up for this thing you people call Halloween. Good news.
But anyways, yesterday WAS excellent. Just fabulous. Art, coffee, shiny things, nice peeps, rain, cute cops, beers, giant inflatable cows... Excellent.