Thursday, May 26, 2005

rollercoaster…

deer-lou.
let me start off by saying TGIF. this week has definitely been a rollercoaster of sorts for me. lots of ups and downs. not really sure why i felt so down. i think alot of it has to do with feeling overwhelmed in taekwondo. for some reason i can't seem to memorize the poomses. i'm trying to do master 1-4 in such a short period of time that its all i think of anymore. there are times i think it would have been easier to start from the beginning instead of trying to fix what i already learned. monday's class was a flashback to middle school and the presidental fitness test. remember that. when you got tested on various p.e. things like: shuttle run, long jump, sit-ups, and push-ups. well that's what we had to do plus jump roping. i suck at the jump rope. after class my sabomnim told me we were going to have a test on all these things in a month. i believe i have to do better than what i did this time around. does someone hate me. i thought i left the presidental fitness test behind me long ago. obviously not! on tuesday we actually had the "bring it on" class. where taekwondo mets dance. i felt like a cheerleader doing all these different moves. of course my coordination was way off. i kept trying to hide behind the fat boy so noone could see me make a fool of myself. hee hee. on wednesday my boss wanted to talk to us about renewing our contracts where i decided to stay on for one more year. yes, as of now i'm officially staying in korea until september 2006. that night i was looking forward to doing absolutely nothing except writing on here. then my phone rang and it was christine from school. her and young were at a bbq place and asked if i wanted to join them. i wasn't really hungry but went anyway. when i got there jk was there too. we ate tons of food and drank soju. it was actually quite fun. this restaurant had a white kimchi which was very good. when we were leaving the owners gave me a giant bag of the delicious kimchi to take home. SCORE!! from there christine wanted to go to a noraebang. reluctantly i went along. of course more beer was consumed and i sang my heart out.

noraebang set
paint it black
the house of the rising sun
call me
zombie
song 2
summertime
without me

well so much for my relaxing wednesday. at school on thursday one of my students played the cello for us. she was amazing. very talented. that night at taekwondo while the other students were out inline skating i had one on one time with the kwanjangnim doing my poomses. i think i did all right. i've got one and two down. most of three is mastered and four is a bit shakey. he also showed me five. his plan for me is to have 1-8 mastered in three months. nothing like some pressure. i'll definitely do my best. i actually felt a little better after class.

i forget to mention. the big news on monday at school was the fact that i got a new hairstyle. all the kids were like "teacher, teacher, you're hair." i told one class that i was actually nathan, ethan's twin brother so they called me teacher nathan all day. overall i got the thumbs up and bravo from my students. my kwanjangnim even asked about my "changey hair" and said it was handsome. the best of all though was the cornerstore guy who gave me the big thumbs up. who knew that by straightening one's hair you'd get so many complements. i can only imagine what they thought of my old hairstyle.

news from home consisted of an email from my mom telling me they are moving to arkansas. apparently my dad was offered a job there. this will definitely make things interesting. especially since my sister had just moved back to florida. however, people have to do what they have to do and if my dad thinks this move is right then who am i to say anything. it'll be weird though not seeing my old house in florida again. this weekend is horace's birthday. on saturday we are going with the other teachers to a korean folk village in yongsin. i'm looking forward to that. should definitely be interesting. hope you all have a good friday.

be well…

cute moment of the week:
jordan writing "ethan, i love you" in his pencil case

3 comments:

Pevil said...

Nathan, that is hilarious! And congrats on making the decision to stay another year. Good for you. Proud of you E! Rollercoasters seem to be running all over the place.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! my favorite rollercoaster is The Gemini at Cedar Point in ohio...which i find fitting for you and your twin Nathan...Coco, you slay me grrrrrl. you're so great :)
i love you this much <--------------------------------------->

l.b.

p.s. try to stop thinking about your poomses'....and just let it happen...dong bongdong

hez said...

i love that all your students have boy band names.