Wednesday, May 18, 2005

everyday living…

deery-lou.
so i got this email this week which i'm sure was junk but it made me laugh. especially since its written in broken english much like what i deal with on a regular basis when communcating with the locals. my communcations skills are going to be vastly improved once i return. now i'll understand everything. so here's the messages:

from: saturnina shizuko
thats disappoint not use music
he nothing fly friends
music nothing

tuesday's taekwondo was like a sweat house for me. the kwan-jang-nim and sabom-nim made me do poomses 1 and 2 over and over until i had them down. there was one part in poomse 2 that i could not remember. everytime i got there i just froze. the kwan-jang-nim kept laughing and told me to move my left foot. finally after two more tries i got it down. now if i can only remember the damn things. i'm sure they think i'm a "special needs" kind of guy. it was interesting to have them explain the movements to me. it actually makes a lot more sense then just doing the poomse. the whole movements are done the same way you'd write "king" in chinese. although seeing i don't know how to write chinese it doesn't do me that much good. then the kwan-jang-nim broke it down even simplier with a, b, c, d. i think i'm actually getting the hang of it. now i need to work on relaxing and hand/foot coordination. there's a dry cleaners in my taekwondo building. so the other day i went there to take in my wonderful white winter coat. it definitely needed a cleaning and i didn't want to take the change of washing it myself. so i walk into the dry cleaners and said annyong haseyo. there was a couple eating lunch in the back. the man came up and spoke a little english. thank god. we still had a bit of trouble understanding one another. he was asking me for my address which i don't know so i gave him my school one. if i understood correctly my coat should be done on friday after my taekwondo class. now lets see if i actually get it back. afterall i don't have a ticket or anything. as i was leaving i could the woman laughing. "was she laughing at me?" i thought. most likely yes. feeling good about accomplishing this task i decided to set out for task number two: finding somewhere to cut my hair. my hair has completely got out of control lately. as much as i like it long and curly its driving me crazy in tkd class. i decided that since i'm in korea i'd get magic straight done to my hair. hee hee. yes i'm going to get my hair straightened and see what happens. i passed this salon that had pictures of men's haircuts on the frontdoor and figured why not start here. i looked in and noticed that one of the women working there had green hair. they have to be semi-hip so why not. luckily one of the ladies there speaks a little english. i had her about getting the magic straight and a cut. she asked if my hair was natural and i said yes. she told me it'll take about 4 hours. 4 HOURS! yikes. i also told her i wanted it cut too. she replies with "oh, yes we design it too." notice she didn't say cut but design. i like this place. to make a long story short i'm going to hairpicasso [that the name hee hee] on saturday morning. wish me luck. thankfully i do have my clippers with me in case its a disaster. so now i need to find a picture of kind of cut i want. i have an idea in my head of what i want but trying to describe it to them might be difficult. i went to this new bookstore that opened and found this magazine called v-magazine. i can't read a damn thing in it but the photography is quite amazing. it kind of reminds me of a cross between details and flaunt. i haven't looked at a magazine in ages and it was so nice to do so. lots and lots of cks in it. i think i'm going to keep reading it. the list a lot of resources that have web sites so not all is lost on not reading it. still haven't found a picture of the "design" i want. i'm a little nervous about it. but what the hell its only hair right. right! i'll definitely let you all know how it turns out.

be well…

quote of the week from my students:
teacher babu [crazy]

1 comment:

Pevil said...

Can't wait to see the "design". FUNNY! And if you don't like it, you have to take pics before the clippers PLEASE!