Sunday, July 08, 2012

faces

deery lou.
previously on the e-list…

Oh, summer vacation how I love you! Yesterday, I returned from my summer vacation at New Smyrna Beach. My sister and her family go every year and this year I was lucky enough to go with them. The weather could not have been more perfect. My days were spent swimming, sunning, playing wiffle ball & drinking. We had a great group of peeps with us making it all the more fun. What more could one ask for.

I usually started my day with a walk on the beach with my sister. Every morning we'd see dolphins swimming. Some days one of the children would accompany us and we'd gather shells as we strolled down the beach.

I went out to lunch a few times with some old high school friends which was great. It's always nice to be able to catch up with people from your past especially when they mean a lot to you. I had some great eats along the way: steamed shrimp & fried clams from The Breakers, rock shrimp, crab balls & hush puppies from JB's Fishcamp as well as one of the best greek salads ever from Manny's Pizza Beachside. The adults even managed to get a night out for some drinking at Beachside Tavern to celebrate T's birthday.

The fireworks on the 4th were amazing. This ranks as one of my top viewing spots for fireworks. There's just something about seeing fireworks on the beach. I'm definitely looking forward to next year.

Just where will I end up next is any one's guess.

stay gold & be well

No comments: