Tuesday, April 12, 2011

maps

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list…

Another birthday, another year older, and lots of awesomeness. The festivities began on Saturday with dinner at Bisou in the Castro. I had an excellent entree [scallops], a heavenly dessert [white wave], tasty apps [endive salad & escargot] and a not so awesome drink [Hard On]. Although the second drink [Fleur De Sex] I had more than made up for the sad Hard On. After dinner I was whisked away to the Castro Theater to see a cabaret show by Justin Vivian Bond. The show was pretty fantastic. I've never seen any singing performances at the Castro Theater and was not sure what to expect. JVB definitely didn't disappoint. I even got a free CD! You can't ask for more than that. The evening was finished off with some drinks at the Edge, which was supposed to have closed but I guess they decided to reopen.

On Sunday, my actual birthday, I took an early morning walk down to China Beach. Later that afternoon, I made my way to Concord to spend the rest of my day with the Huegels. I was greeted with presents from the boys. They selected toys from their personal collection to give me. How sweet is that. I was also treated to a Spiderman cake. Awesome! Eventually, we headed out for a hike. I needed to work off the pizza and cake I had earlier. All in all it was a great birthday weekend! Thanks to all of you who helped make the day a special one. Just where will I end up next is any one's guess.

stay gold & be well

No comments: