Tuesday, June 03, 2008

coming around again

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list…

the butcher, the baker, & the candlestick maker—if only life really was like a nursery rhyme? early last week i busted some man trying to lift my wallet on the bus. i literally watched him unzip my bag and slowly try to remove it from the front pocket. the conversation went down like this:
me: seriously, dude. are you really trying to steal my wallet.
him: ah, sorry. i'm sick.
me: seriously. i think you can come up with something better than that.
he mumbled something else, told me i was a good man, and got off at the next stop.

thursday night we gathered at d&j's pad to watch the season finale of lost. sooo good. and i'm not talking about the wine and humus, hehe. some old questions were answered while new ones arose. although i have some issues with the finale, i do like the direction they're taking the show. can't wait to see what happens next fall.

on friday e-tours went to the haight. it started out good but somehow i managed to lose two students. they eventually called me. the conversation went like this:
me: hello
miki: it's miki
me: where are you?
miki: bus stop
me: which bus stop, there are many in the haight.
miki: [silence]
me: haight and what? tell me the name of the other street.
miki: i don't know.
me: is arisa with you?
miki: a friend.
me: what's your friends name?
miki: arisa
me: don't move we'll find you.
i passed my phone to one of the japanese students so we could find out exactly where they were. they had walked back to haight/central where we started our journey. i found them sitting on the stairs that lead up to the park. all was good. once i made sure all the students knew how to get home, i met up with misty at the 540 club for a much needed cocktail.

saturday was r.e.m. at the greek theatre in berkeley. misty had gotten me tickets for my birthday. yay! john, d, & kate also went. modest mouse was one of the opening acts. i was looking forward to seeing them again, especially now that johnny marr is playing with them. the venue was outside. as it got later it also got colder. we were in the lawn section but had a pretty good view. r.e.m. had a video show going on behind them which made it all the more interesting. i must say they still sound pretty good. on our way home we stopped at the original diner for some much need food. i chowed down on 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 pancakes, and hash browns. hi, mr. piggy. oink. oink.



misty and i went for coffee on sunday. afterwards i headed to the grocery store. i stocked up on veggies and other healthy edibles. i actually managed not to buy any cookies or ice cream. i'm trying to lose a much needed 10 pounds. wish me luck. later that night i met up with and old flame. we hadn't seen each other for 7 years. it was great to catch up with him. the down side was that i drank way too much wine and paid for it on monday.

which brings me to monday night–misty, butterbean, hez, & i went to see sex and the city. i've never seen so many women at the movies before. i had a love/hate relationship with sex and the city. when it first came on i couldn't stand the show or sjp. it took living in korea for me to establish my new found love for both the show and sjp. i enjoyed the flick. it was definitely entertaining. then again, if you like the show there's no reason not to like the movie.

stay gold & be well…

1 comment:

Kate said...

So much fun hanging with you, E. kisses.