Wednesday, June 25, 2008

angel of the battlefield

deery lou.
previously on the e-list…

i've been so preoccupied with my photo blog that i've been neglecting my first baby. well, truth be told, not much has been happening in my life. since returning to sf, i've turned into somewhat of a hermit. life definitely seemed to be more interesting abroad. sigh…i got a new haircut this week which i absolutely LOVE. first time ever to like a haircut. i was a bit nervous when she ignored my wishes to leave the top alone. "trim a little", she kept repeating. thankfully she did just that.

misty & i went to see mongol this week. if it's playing in your area be sure to check it out. i found the language to be quite beautiful. one never can be sure when viewing movies on historical figures but this one was quite good. immediately upon returning home i went to wikipedia and read all about genghis khan and mongolia. all i could really remember about him was that he was a ruthless warrior. i found another movie about him which i might try to watch. after all, this one only covered the early years. i did read that they were thinking about making a trilogy.

i'm gearing up for our summer session to start next week. we will be hit with groups of teenagers coming from all over the world. it's definitely going to be an interesting next two months. i started teaching new classes this week: level 5 & toefl. can i tell you how BORING toefl is! my sympathy goes out to those students who actually have to take this test. i practically feel asleep listening to the conversations in the practice test. snore! a couple of my students from level 4 kept asking me to come back and teach them. they said they missed me. how sweet is that. sometimes i question my ability as a teacher but i guess i'm doing all right. pride is this weekend and all the students keep asking about the parade. one would think that santa is coming to town. for most of them it will be the first time to see anything like that. here's to new experiences.

this weekend is pretty jammed packed for me. so much going on and so little of me to spread around. saturday i'll be heading to concord for huegel's birthday, then back to the city for a few parties. on sunday will be meeting d at the parade for some morning festivities. afterwards, i'm off to mill valley for butterbean's photo exhibition & benefit. can't wait to see her work displayed. i'm so glad to be back so i can be there to support her. that about does it for me. i'll try to keep up with my blogging.

stay gold & be well…

2 comments:

Misty L said...

I just got a book on Genghis...can't wait to read it. heee.

Scott said...

Thanks for making it out to Concord this weekend man.

It's a snazzy haircut indeed by the way.