Tuesday, April 10, 2007

iou

deery-lou.
it's night. i'm standing on the corner waiting to cross the street. "iou" by metric is playing on my ipod. as i look around i notice that i'm surrounded by uniformed high students. i catch them sneaking glances at me. will the novelty ever wear off. oh, and its my birthday. i'm spending a rather quiet birthday. taking a page from my dear friend bc. sure i could go to a bar and drink vodka tonics—been there, done that. besides i've yet to find that place that sells pint-sized vts. instead i spent my evening working out in my taekwondo class. and i definitely got a workout tonight. my legs ache. i'm exhausted. but its a good exhausted. overall i had a pretty good day. i got a call from bc in the early morning. it was great to hear her voice. also got a chance to chat with kate during one of my classes. before hanging up i had my students all say "goodbye kate". got some birthday greetings from friends and family. plus had a mini party at school. besides the teachers some of the kindergarten students were there to sing and eat cake. it was a frozen yam cake. yes, i said yam. it had the consistency of a cheese cake minus the cheese cake taste. actually it wasn't that bad. watching the children sing to me was the best though. they are so cute. they get excited about the littlest things. all their hands were going into the cake, licking the icing before i even had a chance to cut it. my sister sent a box of goodies, a sunprint kit [which is awesome], and an aquaman t-shirt. score! i think i'm going out with a few peeps on friday so i'll squeeze in a few vts then. i did buy myself a new pair of shoes which my sis will be shipping to me. thought it was time to change up the old style here. afterall i'm a little shy of 40. all righty, time to eat the chocolate ball i bought myself as b-day treat. nite nite.

stay gold & be well…

4 comments:

KorJen said...

Aw E! How cute!
Birthday Love from your Kindies... It's the best.
As I'm writing this, my very last box from Korea arrived~!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. Miss Ya..

much love,
Jen

Kate said...

xoxoxoxox! Your class is adorable and the best part about our conversation was you yelling at them to keep their hands outta something or other. hahaha. curious...what do the new, updated, almost 40 shoes look like?

Misty L said...

Happy birthday E!!!!!!!! Miss you!

Pevil said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! I saw it on our calendar and then forgot to email but was thinking of you all day. FUnny how drinking pint sized VTs doesn't sound as appealing as it used to. Plus you don't have a jack in the box to get to for the aftermath. Hee hee! Miss you E.