Sunday, November 19, 2006

working for the man

deery-lou.
somehow i seemed to spend my entire weekend here in ansan and it felt great. on saturday a friend sent me a text and asked if i wanted to check out the "challenge adventure" at the ansan youth center. being somewhat intrigued by this "challenge adventure" i agreed. what i walked into though was a little girl playing the piano. curious. apparently the adventure part of the evening was over. it was now the talent portion, where proud parents dressed their children in their finest attire to showcase their hidden talents. five piano recitals later my friend turned to me and said, "this is boring". i couldn't have agreed more. before we made our escape we were subjected to one little girl's singing voice. it was like listening to cats fighting. the rest of the evening seemed to be one misadventure after the other: wrong turns down very narrow streets, trying to go to the art center but finding out it was closed, etc. the evening ended with a driving tour through hanyung university. which was all right except for the fact that i was sans glasses and contacts so everything was a blur.

today bc came to visit. i love when my peeps come to ansan. she had been on vacation in the land down under visiting her family. it felt like ages since i last saw her. so we got to play catch up. she got me the most fabulous anime nurse pin. love it. and from her brother i received a bag of mints. mints are like a luxury item here. we lunched at my favorite dak kalbi restaurant. they had the most excellent candied sweet potatoes as a side. bc and i were in heaven. after completely stuffing ourselves we took a stroll through handaeop. on a whim we stopped into a clothing store. i found a most excellent shirt which actually fit. of course i had to buy it. bc gave me the thumbs up. with my purchase i also received a cute black tote and two umbrellas. score! free gifts are always fun.

i was inspired today to finally load up my itunes with music that misty and ted have sent me. they've been laying around forever so i figured why not. unfortunately i think i added way too much. itunes is not happy and crashed. it is now rebuilding my entire library. oops. i'll give it a few days and if it continues to be temperamental i will most likely have to pull some things off. or better yet increase my memory. hmmm.

be well…

No comments: