Friday, December 09, 2005

snowflakes and hongkong

deery-lou.
TGIF. this week went by super fast. in fact this month seems to be flying by at ultra speed. this time [its midnight on friday] next week guess where i'll be…HONGKONG drinking coctails with misty. YEAH!!! i can't wait. my work is actually letting me take friday off. how cool is that. misty and i will be able to celebrate an early christmas together. hee hee. its going to be a great trip. not sure what we are going to do but that doesn't really matter. i just hope hongkong has some good toy stores. i'm jonesing for cool toys! how sad is that. anyway we are going to rock the kong like its never been rocked before. my friend jean just got back from there. she said it was awesome. not really sure what to expect. which is good than i won't have any expectations and can be surprised by it all. i like surprises!! it'll be really funny if i show up in hongkong and derek and kate are there too. how great would that be. an asian reunion!!!

tonight in taekwon do i had to practice fighting with kim jung-ho. i think he was a little nervous at first. there nothing like a 35 year old fighting a 13 year old. if he's even that. my sabanim kept telling me to kick hard. as he put it "kill, kill, kill." i couldn't do it though. i didn't want to hurt him. even though i'm sure jung-ho could have kicked my ass if he tried. he kept laughing which made me laugh. i was also told to kick higher. so what else is new there. its always about kicking higher. during warmup stretches my sabahnium decided to help me out with my split by pushing my legs farther out. it hurt so damn bad that i was laughing to keep myself from crying. all i could think of was that my legs were going to tear out of my body like a barbie. pain is not fun.

peter came to class today with his "shygirl" again. the other day his sister wasing wearing a "shygirl" shirt. at first i though it was the same shirt but hers was in a different color. now if they'd only wear them on the same day. i didn't have my camera with me today. hopefully he'll wear it again cuz i got to have a picture of that. i got a new class this week. its a "kiddy" class. which means that they are in grade k. at first i was dreading this class after my last grade k experience. there are four of them in the class: sara, tracy, luke, and leia. three of them are siblings of other students at our school. it took them 30 seconds before they won me over. they are so cute and very smart. today was craft day. we made snowflakes. leia kept calling me sonsaengnim [korean for teacher] and wanted my help. when i handed her the paper back ready to cut she would start gabbing in korean to me. i just nodded and said yes cut. she did this about 3 different times. there snowflakes were something else. sara opened up one of hers and it was basically a giant hole. she kept calling it a grandma snowflake. i'm going to really enjoy this class. before leaving for the day anna told me that the kiddy-kids keep calling me blue-eyes teacher. they are so cute…

todays tips
useful catch phrases
after those fakers!
— the mystery of the chinese junk, the hardy boys

powers of observation
a strange tattoo might be a means of identifying long-lost royality.
— the clue in the jewel box, nancy drew

be well…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds f*cking awesome! I wish I could afford to come visit you. *sigh*

Have fun in Hong Kong... next week at that same moment I'll likely be sitting in a theater watching KING KONG. Coincidence? I think not. Or whatever.

hez said...

i love that you're teaching the cast of star wars. would you get in trouble if you named a kid chewbaka?

so jealous you're going to HK. have a great time!

Pevil said...

Can't wait to see the shygirl t-shirt.