Tuesday, September 20, 2005

oh, what, wow

deery-lou.
have you ever had that one song that totally made your day. it unexpectly comes on and immediately puts you in a happy, i don't give a damn, i'm gonna sing as loud as i can kind of moods. well, that happened to me today. i was walking home from taekwondo listening to my ipod [which happened to be on shuffle] feeling tired and thinking about what i was going to eat when i get home. then all of sudden it comes on…

oh, what, wow
he’s the greatest dancer
Oh, what, wow
that I’ve ever seen
oh, what, wow
he’s the greatest dancer
oh, what, wow

the next thing i know i'm busting out taekwondo moves to the song as well as singing. all of this while i'm walking down the street. the tiredness i felt was replaced with a feeling of elation. nothing could go wrong as long as sister sledge's "he's the greatest dancer" was playing. as the song continued i started to think about the days that jane and i use to out disco dancing in baltimore. i can't remember the name of the club but every saturday night jane and i would be there getting our groove. there's something about disco music that makes me happy. perhaps i was suppose to be a teenager in the 70s or perhaps its the carefreeness of the music that makes one want to sing, dance, and be happy. whatever the reason i must thank sister sledge for turning my frown upside.

be well…

4 comments:

Pevil said...

Upside down. Boy ya turn me. Inside out. And round round. OK, so that is Diana Ross but disco all the same. I wish I could have seen you dancing down the street! Get yer groove on white boy.

Kate said...

love it! you're right. music at just the right time is the best ever. hee. thanks for the visuals, e.

hez said...

that happened to me while i was driving on my way to a job interview last week. my song is lisa stansfield, been around the world. i was singing it at the top of my lungs over the bay bridge. heh.

dac said...

i get the same feeling during the last line of "The Flintstones" theme song.