Tuesday, July 12, 2005

ugh! i have to move

deery-lou.

yes its true. i must leave my lovely office-tel that i've come to know and love and called home for the last year. why you ask? i think its too expensive for my school plus my boss keeps saying the management is terrible. the new apartment is going to be a lot smaller and on the other side of ansan. goodbye carrefour, goodbye! how will i cope being so far from my favorite shopping spot. moving was the last thing i wanted to do especially before my vacation. now according to "kl" i'll be moving july 22 the day before i leave for miami. which means i have to move in the morning so i can be at school by 1pm. at least i should be thankful that i don't have a lot of crap to move. to make matters even worse my boss and christine are both moving into the same apartments building and all of our apartments are next to each other. hi lack of privacy. i'm not sure why this bothers me so much but it does. i don't care if we are all in the same building but neighbors. come on! i have to seen them all day do i really want to be living right next door. NO!! my biggest fear is that they are going to what to hang out all the time. it kind of feels like i'm moving into a dorm. i'm going to ask jk if its possible to get an apartment on a different floor. i want to feel like i have a "safe" place to go. kind of like i'm away from the others.

not sure if i mentioned this or not but i'm heading to miami/fort lauderdale for my vacation to visit family. its going to be a short 6 days but i'm definitely looking forward to it. i didn't even get to say goodbye to my family in person before leaving for korea so it will be nice to see them. and i'm excited to see my new niece morgan. i've only seen photos of her so far. its definitely going to be strange stepping foot in the u.s. my parents are also moving to arkansas so this is always like my final farewell to orlando and my home. i'm going to try to see some friends in o-town while i'm there which will be good. its so strange to think that i won't be going to o-town anymore for the holidays. i always just figured my parents would be there forever. guess i was wrong. at least when i'm in fort lauderdale in the future its semi-close to o-town so i can make a trip to visit friends. i still have a couple of great friends there who i enjoy seeing when i'm in town. anyway…so i'll be on u.s. soil from july 23 to july 30/31. i'm still not sure when i'm leaving since i screwed up my return flight. i was suppose to fly back on july 30 but instead i booked it for july 31. oops. that means i wouldn't get back to korea until aug 1 and miss all my classes. another oops! we're trying to get them to change the dates but so far no luck. not like i really care cuz i'd love to have that extra day. i was going to try to get to sf while i'm in the u.s. but it didn't work out. not enough unfortunately which is probably for the best. i'm sure if i went back to sf i wouldn't want to leave again. i have a sinking feeling that year 2 in korea is going to be a bit more difficult than year 1.

be well…

5 comments:

Misty L said...

#1 I can't believe you have to move
#2 I can't believe you'll be in the US and I won't see you - WAHH!!
#3 You HAVE to get an apartment on a different floor...for the love of GOD.
#4 Love and miss you terribly!!!

Anonymous said...

Mamason says she can't wait till you get home. Maybe I'll try some Korean cooking!!!! only kidding, the best food is home made USA.

Pevil said...

It will be smooth sailing on year 2. And think of the move as a new adventure? Or something...

hez said...

even tho you have to move, its still very exciting. because you're moving in KOREA. wow! but yes, you definitely have to be on another floor.

dac said...

okay..
#1 i LOVE mamason. so awesome :)kiss kiss mamason!!!!
#2 you must live on a different floor, because when i come to visit, i dont want all those others snooping around my business...right?
#3 it would be soooo great to have you back in s.f.. but honestly, you're not missing much...it's true.
#4 we'll be there soon enough because the fashion here has gone straight to hell

kissykissy