Sunday, July 17, 2005

i've seen the future…

deery-lou.

and its very small with a yellow floor that looks like wallpaper. its my new mini-apartment. the korean fantasy lifestyle is coming to a close. i'll soon be living like most other teachers in on big room. on saturday jk took us to see this lovely new abode. can we say almost on the other side of town. instead of being 5 minutes away from school i'm now 30 mins away. to top it all off i've lost my separte shower space. my new shower is basically the entire bathroom. the shower nozzle is above the bathroom sink. its definitely going to be interesting. gone is all the neon building. its almost like i'm going to me in a little neighborhood of sorts. i'm definitely trying to be optimistic about the whole thing. on the bright side i believe i'm getting an apartment on the second floor. at least i won't be living right next door to my boss. i spent all day sunday packing. its amazing how much crap i accumulated over this past year. and i'm kind of worried about how i'm going to fit it all. i can't believe i'll be heading to florida on saturday. its crazy. i'm still not sure whats up with my return flight. at this point i think i have a seat leaving miami on july 30 arriving in japan on the 31st but no flight to korea. it would have been much easier for them to say "take an extra day". but no. my apartment now looks like carrefour throw up in it seeing that most of my stuff is packed into carrefour shopping bags. my taekwondo schedule is changing slightly for august. since its summer vacation time they have a different schedule. unfortunately i'm not able to make any of the classes since my schedules changes in august too. so now i have to meet my master on saturdays from 2-3 until the end of august for one on one training. i definitely think i'm improving somewhat. still working on the kicks though. most of this week is going to be spent cleaning my now bare apartment. on good thing is that i'm already packed for my trip so at least i don't have to worry about that. little does my sister know but most of the stuff i'm bringing with me is going to stay in florida. hee hee. thats what family is for though…storing things.

be well…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mamason says that at somethime you willhave to collect all of uour stuff from your parents and your sister. I think you will need a another apartment. Oh, well everything is going to ZArkansas, so that should be interesting!!!!! HA,HA !!!!!

Misty L said...

Good thing I JUST mailed your giant duffle bag that you let us borrow to bring back all the goodies we bought in Korea. Well, maybe by some miracle it will arrive before you do your actual move.

Next time we come to visit do we need to bring bunk beds??

Pevil said...

Have a safe journey E and enjoy the time with the littles! And of course family is for storing things...and making you crabby but hey, it's what they do.