Sunday, March 20, 2011

question - featuring ann

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list…

For my morning walk, I decided to head towards China Beach. With the upcoming anniversary of my mom's death, she's been on my mind quite frequently. More so than normal. It's really hard to believe that it will be three years on April 4. This is the time of year I dread the most. My birthday is so close to my mom's death it's a constant reminder. It's often hard to seperate the two. Hopefully with more time that passes it will get easier.

The beach is where I always feel closest to my mom. She loved it there. Since I've been thinking about her, I wanted to spend some time with her. There were some things that I had to say and felt that this was the perfect place for it. The ocean air is so exhilarating. It's no wonder she liked to spend so much time ocean side. I could have stared out into the endless sea for hours.

The tide was especially high due to the recent storm so I wasn't able to go to my favorite spot on the beach. I actually couldn't even get on the beach so I stood on the final step watching the waves crash against the rocks. It felt really good to be able to feel my mom's presence. And even better to be able to share my thoughts with her.


Just where will I end up next is any one's guess.

stay gold & be well

2 comments:

Misty L said...

<3 you, E

Pevil said...

I'm thinking of you E!